Simple Butterfly Summer Wreath

Posted on by

Butterfly Summer Wreath {www.homemadeinterest.com}

Last Saturday was the official first day of summer. Am I the only one who feels like summer is already flying by? Maybe it is because I spend all week sitting in an office wishing I was outside enjoying the sunshine :). By the time the weekend gets here I usually have a million project ideas I’m tossing around in my head and so little time to get them all done! After finishing my summer wood blocks last week I was in the summer-decorating groove and I knew I wanted to make a summer wreath for my front door, and I didn’t want the usual sunshine and flowers, I wanted to make a butterfly summer wreath.

Usually I make my own SVG images to use with my Silhouette but I decided to take a look at Etsy to see what was already out there and I found this butterfly SVG file. It was exactly what I needed so I saved myself a little time and bought it.

Butterfly Summer Wreath Tutorial

Using my Silhouette I cut butterflies in 4 different shapes and sizes out of patterned card stock. Then I folded each butterfly to make them look like they had just landed on the wreath.  I wrapped my wreath form in ombre yellow yarn and placed butterflies going from the center-point on the bottom, up one side,  to the center-point on the top. The butterflies start large and slowly fade to the smallest size as they reach the top. I created a simple “Hello Summer” banner in GIMP and hot glued it to a piece of twine, then draped it across the center of the summer wreath. This was my favorite kind of project, everything was attached with hot glue! :)

Butterfly Summer Wreath {www.homemadeinterest.com}

I love how it turned out and now I feel like I’ve officially welcomed summer! If you want to make your own summer wreath you can download the “Hello Summer” banner printable below.

Hello Summer Banner Printable Butterfly Summer Wreath {www.homemadeinterest.com}

Enjoy!

kat

party_button

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

77 thoughts on “Simple Butterfly Summer Wreath

1. Natasha in Oz

Wow, what a stunning wreath. It looks so happy and welcoming. I love it!

If you have a moment to spare I’d be so thrilled if you could share your post at my weekly Say G’Day Saturday linky. This would be such a fabulous addition!

Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

2. Lydia

This wreath is the epitome of summer! Happy colors, beautiful butterflies and a cheery little banner…love everything about it!! Thanks so much for sharing at Much Ado About Monday!

3. Whitney

So I’m a couple of days late, but I just found your blog from the Saturday Social link up! I’m excited to be following along via Bloglovin!

4. h

The colors are so wonderful in this, and the butterflies just make it so summery. Hope you have a great day!

5. Pingback: Link Round-up: Raw Cheesecake, a Summer Wreath, Coconut Oil Lotion, and More | Modern Baby

6. Katherines Corner

Butterflies are one of my favorite things. Your wreath is so cute! Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.Watch for your feature on Monday ♥

1. Kat Post author

Thanks so much, they just seemed like the perfect thing for summer…and they make me smile every time I see them :)

7. Silvie

I love how the wreath came out! The butterflies and banner are so cute. Stopping by from Turn it up Tuesday, Thank you for partying with us!

8. Pingback: Bewitch Me & Titi Link Party {61} | Titicrafty by CamilaTiticrafty by Camila

9. Laura @ Mrs in the Making

So cute!!! Found you via Craft Frenzy Friday. I love this! Did you use a variegated yarn to wrap with or did you actually do stripes???? If you did stripes more power to you, wrapping a wreath form with yarn is like the bane of my existence in general (I have only ever done 2 because it took soooo long and I kept burning myself with my glue gun.. sad day) and I definitely wouldn’t have the patience to do stripes that small! But seriously, this wreath is THE CUTEST.

1. Kat Post author

Thanks Laura! I used a variegated yarn sold at Michaels. When you wrap it around the wreath form it makes perfect stripes. I loved how it turned out :)

10. Pingback: Block Party: DIY Summer Ideas Features - Rae Gun Ramblings

11. Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

So pretty and summery! It’s caught my eye over and over when I see it in link up parties :) I’d love a silhouette cameo… It’s on my Christmas wish list! Would love for you to share this at our link party on my blog please :) So pretty!

12. Pingback: 15 Summer Ideas

13. Pingback: The Wednesday Roundup and Bloglovin Link Party

14. Pingback: The Wednesday Roundup #33 |

15. Pingback: WEDNESDAY ROUNDUP #33 - Savory Experiments

16. Pingback: The Wednesday Roundup Week 33 :: A Link Party - LeMoine Family Kitchen

17. Nici

What a sweet summer wreath! I love the colors and the butterflies! And, yes, I feel like the summer is flying by too. Thanks so much for sharing this at my Creative Ways Link Party! Hope to see you there again tonight!
    Blessings,
    Nici

18. Shanice

Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream’s City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

19. Pingback: Project Parade #1 - The Seasoned Homemaker

20. Pingback: Project Parade Link Up Party Week 1

21. Pingback: Project Parade Link Party

22. Pingback: Project Parade Linky PartyLife With The Crust Cut Off

23. Pingback: Project Parade #1 | My Love For Words

24. Pingback: Project Parade linky party #1

25. Pingback: 25 Ways to Summer-ify Your Home - Just a Girl and Her Blog

26. Pingback: 25 Ways to Summer-ify Your Home {Get Your DIY On Features!} | Confessions of a Serial Do-it-Yourselfer

27. Pingback: Awesome Things Tuesday Linky Party - Satsuma DesignsSatsuma Designs