Family Wall Art: Scrabble Edition

Posted on by

**This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we may receive compensation. All of the opinions stated are 100% our own.

We’re so excited to be participating in our first Silhouette Challenge, hosted by the Silhouette Challenge Facebook Group! Make sure you check out all of the other great projects from this month’s challenge at the end of this post!!

Family Wall Art: Scrabble Edition {www.homemadeinterest.com}

You might have noticed here, here and here, that Melinda and I have been on a crusade against our bare walls. Currently, Melinda is working on a gallery wall in her living room and our latest edition to the wall is a piece of family wall art Scrabble-style. It was so simple to do and we both love the end result.

Family Wall Art: Scrabble Edition {www.homemadeinterest.com}

We started with 3×3 plywood cut outs from Woodworks Ltd. They were only 1/8” thick and we wanted something more substantial so we glued 3 cut outs together to give them more depth. The natural color of the wood pieces was a little too light so we watered down (I mean REALLY watered down) some brown paint and painted a thin coat on each tile. The color turned out perfectly.

Using our Silhouette Cameo cutting machine we created a letter/number combination for each name, using the number that would be assigned to that letter tile in Scrabble. Here’s a link with all of the tile point values. Once the letters were ready to go we cut them out of black vinyl and used transfer paper to place them on the wood tiles.

Family Wall Art: Scrabble Edition {www.homemadeinterest.com}

We used hot glue to attach the tiles to one another and we had no issues with them breaking apart but, if you have any concerns, you can also put a thin piece of wood like a paint stir stick or a popsicle stick, behind the tiles and glue the tiles to that. It will give the tiles a little more stability.

Family Wall Art: Scrabble Edition {www.homemadeinterest.com}

To hang it on the wall we just used a few of the command hook stickers (no hook just the sticky part). So easy, sooo cute! Goodbye big blank wall! :)

katmelsignature

Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?

My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!

A Gift for the Bride-to-Be Silhouette Challenge: My Favorite Things My Favorite Things Keepsake Box Printable Tattoos for Crafters & DIYers Super Hero Backpacks Geometric Two Tone Shirt Refashion Instagram Paper Album Reasons I Love Daddy Ctrl Alt Del Pillows Outside Decor: DIY Pallet Board Sign Yo-Ho It's a Pirate Party How To Use Silhouette Sketch Pens Combining My Favorite Things, Baking and Crafting - July Silhouette Challenge Pride & Prejudice Subway Style Art Favorite Silhouette Challenge Just umm, Let it Go Temporary My Little Pony Tattoos Mike Holmes Baby Onesie Monogram It: A Memo Board Makeover Super Room Redo The Best Summer Ever Freebie and Tutorial Summertime Toes Crafty Girls Hair Accessories Holder Watercolor Wall Art Ice Cream Cone T-Shirt Sun Fun Shirt Family Wall Art: Scrabble Edition Serving Tray Upcycle Making Custom Rhinestone Designs Etched Glass Coasters Church Nursery Wall Quote

1. Just a Girl and Her Blog // 2. The Frill of Life // 3. A Time For Seasons // 4. The Thinking Closet // 5. Ginger Snap Crafts // 6. Grey Luster Girl // 7. Simply Kelly Designs // 8. Home At Eight // 9. Please Excuse My Craftermath… // 10. My Paper Craze // 11. Mama Sonshine // 12. Practically Functional // 13. Adventures in All Things Food // 14. Two Purple Couches // 15. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 16. Sowdering About // 17. Cutesy Crafts // 18. My Mom Made That // 19. Pitter and Glink // 20. Pineapples And Pinecones // 21. Dream a Little Bigger // 22. McCall Manor // 23. TitiCrafty // 24. unOriginal Mom // 25. Persia Lou // 26. Lil Mrs Tori // 27. Home. Made. Interest. // 28. Sandpaper and Glue // 29. Silhouette School // 30. Creative Ramblings // 31. My Favorite Finds

Silhouette Challenge Facebook Group

party_button

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Crafts, Home Decor and tagged , on by .

About Kat & Melinda

We're BFFs who share a love for creating. Whether it is crafting, cooking, DIY or planning the next big party we love having a project to do! At least a couple of times a week you will find us sitting around the kitchen table discussing what we want to create, or what cool new thing we've seen on Pinterest, and maybe gossiping...just a little ;).

106 thoughts on “Family Wall Art: Scrabble Edition

1. Randi

This is so amazing! I had planned on making something similar for my best friend who is obsessed with Scrabble. I think the way you did it is amazing! Thanks for posting!

1. Kat

Thanks Randi, I love your Frozen wall art. I am going to try something similar for my niece who is watching Frozen for the millionth time today :)

2. Chei

That is a really nice idea! Funny how an old time board game like Scrabble is not just still around, but the idea is used for so many things! I make quilts and just did a quilt for a wedding gift, and I used the Scrabble tile them to make the bride and grooms name saying “Kevin loves Winter” in the tiles and joining just like in the game! Also great for a kids room to help them learn the alphabet!

1. Kat

Oh I love the quilt idea! I bet it was beautiful :). Melinda’s 4 year old is already using it to practice spelling everyone’s names :).

3. Pure Grace Farms

Adorable idea. Love this! Thanks for linking up at the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. Triple the love coming your way. Featuring on FB page on Thursday, Tweets and pins too!
    Blessings,
    Shari

4. Bobbi

This is so creative. I love it!! Now my mind is going at all the possibilities for using these.

Pinning it!

Thanks for sharing!

5. Julie

What a great way to get the big scrabble look.
    I made us a picture with our names from real scrabble tiles a year or so ago but it’s getting hard to find old sets now as everyone is wanting to craft with them. This is such a lovely way round that and I love that it’s a more dramatic size.

6. Nici

I’m a huge fan of Scrabble…What a fabulous way to add some fun whimsy to your walls! Thanks for linking this post up to my Creative Ways Link Party!
    Blessings,
    Nici

7. cathy

This is one of the coolest DIY projects I have ever seen! Love, love , love it !! PINNED and going to make this! :-) Stopping by from Fabulous Finds Linky Partyasnd this sure is one fabulous find!
    Cathy

1. Kat

Thank you so much Cathy! Melinda came up with it and I have to say it turned out great. Let us know if you do it :)

8. carolyn | homework

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity on The Inspiration Board at homework. I can’t tell you how happy I am that you stopped by to share. You were featured in the spotlight today!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    carolyn ~ homework

9. Pingback: 7 DIY Self-Care Ideas - The SITS Girls

10. Pingback: 10 Wood Home Decor Projects

11. Pingback: DIY Wall Decor [Link Party 65]

12. Pingback: Moonlight and Mason Jars #65

1. Melinda

Thanks Meaghan! Good luck with those party’s. Feel free to contact us anytime you have questions. We’re only 4 months into blogging but have learned a lot and we’re growing every month. Building relationships are very important. Hope we helped :)

13. laura

This is awesome! And, judging from the long list of comments I am not the only one to love this! It’s a Friday Favorites Feature at http://imnotatrophywife.com this week! Party goes live Thursday night and would love for you to link up again this week! I would be over the moon for a social media shout out! So fun! laura

1. Melinda

Laura, Thanks for the feature! I will definitely share the party on our social media :) We share everytime we get featured (as long as we know about it). Thanks for letting us know.

14. Pingback: Linky Party Favorites

15. Deborah

I just love this! What a perfect filler for a gallery wall. Love the #family sign too. Thank you for sharing these and your blackberry lemonade popsicles at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

Blessings,
    Deborah

16. Pingback: Best DIY Link Party at The Handmade Hangout Week 5

17. Pingback: Friday Favorites #71 Features & Party~ Guest Host too~I’m Not a Trophy Today

18. Pingback: Fabulous Finds & Linky Party #16 - Mamas Blog Central

19. Pingback: Party in Your PJs #13 - simplysweetsbyhoneybee.com

20. Pingback: Inspire Me Please - Linky Party -

21. Shanice

Such a creative idea! Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream’s City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

22. Pingback: My Favorite Things #LinkUp Party 24 Join Us! — Dear Creatives

23. Pingback: Show Stopper Saturday Party & Tex Mex Recipes - Will Cook For Smiles

24. Pingback: Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party #17 | 3littlegreenwoods

25. Pingback: Share It Sunday {38} - Our Rosey Life

26. Denise

Look at how many people loved this project. Great job. I shared over on FB page again this week since we featured you at this weeks party!

27. Pingback: 20 Pinspiring Projects {Get Your DIY On Features!} | Confessions of a Serial Do-it-Yourselfer

28. Pingback: 20 Fabulous Pinterest Pin-spired Projects {that you can DIY} - The Happy Housie

29. Pingback: 20 Pinspired Projects {Get Your DIY On Features} - Just a Girl and Her Blog