Hello Sunshine String Art

Posted on by

Hello Sunshine String Art {www.homemadeinterest.com}

I know, I know, it’s already the end of July, people are shifting their minds to back-to-school, but I’m desperately clinging to summer :). I’ve been seeing so many awesome string art projects everywhere the last couple of months and I had this vision in my mind of warm, yellow twine on a dark wood background. I had already purchased a “Hello” wood cut-out back when I made my Hello Summer! Painted Summer Blocks and I thought it would go perfectly with a big yellow sunshine, “Hellooo Sunshine!”.

Hello Sunshine String Art {www.homemadeinterest.com}

I started the project off with a trip to Home Depot where I bought a 1×4″ poplar board and had them cut it into 16″ pieces. I stained the boards with an “Ash” stain to give them a nice dark color. I used Silhouette Studio to create a sunshine design and I used a sharpie to plot out where I was going to put the nails. Since I was just gluing the boards together I didn’t want to glue them until after I was finished putting the nails in so I laid the boards out and taped my sunshine outline in place and began hammering. Once I got going I didn’t exactly follow my pre-planned dots I  just kind of eyeballed the spacing. When I had all of the nails in I glued the boards together and added a little extra stability by putting 3 paint sticks on the back and gluing the boards to them.

Hello Sunshine String Art {www.homemadeinterest.com}

Now the fun part, wrapping the string! I started with the circle and just tied the string to one nail and started wrapping it in different patterns around the circle. then I went around each of the sun’s “rays” .

Hello Sunshine String Art {www.homemadeinterest.com}

I  love how it turned out and I have so many more ideas …string art may be my new obsession :)

kat

party_button

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

108 thoughts on “Hello Sunshine String Art

1. Julia@Happy House and Home

That is so awesome! I keep seeing string art too! I love your sunshine – and I’m with you in clinging to summer… :) I’m not giving in until September! Will you please come share your project at my party? Merry Monday Linky (Sunday 6pm PST). I’d love to have you guys, and share your projects! :) Julia

2. Rachel

Love this! You guys come up with so many great ideas. I have been wanting to do a string art project lately but haven’t decided where I want to put it.

3. Catherine Holt

Oh I remember doing projects similar to this when I was at school, but not done anything since.

It looks great, bright and cheery :-)

Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning :-)

4. Amanda

Hi Kat, I’m visiting your post through Motivational Monday! I SO love this string art!! I’m going to be making one of our state soon as well for our gallery wall, however this one is much more exciting!! Great job! :)

5. Julie

What a lovely summer project. I remember my dad doing some art like this way back in the 70′s, a boat I think with copper wire. I love how this craft has been modernised with projects like this.

6. Carisa Smith

I love that, its beautiful!!! I have been trying to think of something bright and beautiful for our bedroom. I might just have to try my hand at some string art!

7. Erlene

Omgee! This is so stinkin’ cute! I love the mix of the rustic string art next to the word. Pinned. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.

8. Cathy Mini

String/Nail art is awesome–and speaking from a blogger perspective, I have found that my string art post I have is constantly the most viewed/pinned! So you will probably see an extreme amount of views and likes on it! Looks great!

Cheers,
    ~Cathy Mini~
    OurMiniFamily.com

9. Catherine Holt

Our readers love your work. This art was once again one of the most clicked links at this week’s party and will be featured next week.

Thanks again for linking up to Marvelous Monday :-)

10. Dean grazios Complaints

Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit
    and sources back to your weblog? My blog site is in the very
    same area of interest as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from a lot of the information you present
    here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks a lot!

11. Joanne T Ferguson

G’day! Thanks for sharing via our #SayGdayParty! So reminds me of childhood fun!
    Please make sure to come back, leaving comments on some people who also attended the party and of course we hope you are following us on Pinterest!
    Cheers! Joanne

12. Rose

This is so neat. I have an Amish friend who I have nicknamed Sunshine and I think she would love something like this. Now if I could just find the time to make it… :)

13. Diana

Hi, When I first saw this I thought of a star, I think it would be reasonably easy to do a variation and make a Christmas star. Great idea. Thanks.

Diana

1. Kat Post author

I agree! I think a star would be so pretty. I’m already thinking of Christmas string art designs!

14. Pingback: Link It or Lump It #49 |

15. Pingback: Link It Or Lump It Party 49 | Dwell Beautiful

16. Pingback: Bright and Fun 30-Minute Crafts | Monday Funday - A Night Owl Blog

17. Pingback: Merry Monday Linky Party

18. Pingback: Monday Funday #80 {30 minute crafts} - C.R.A.F.T.

19. Pingback: Your Designs This Time – No. 21

20. Pingback: Restless Arrow, a Link Party, and Our FIRST Giveaway! - Restless Arrow

21. Pingback: Your Designs This Time :: No. 21 | brepurposed

22. Pingback: Craft Room Makeover | Project Inspire{d} Link Party #78 - An Extraordinary Day

23. Pingback: Project Inspire{d} Week #78 Link Party and Features - Cupcakes and Crinoline

24. Pingback: Project Inspire{d}: Cheery Crafts | Yesterday On Tuesday

25. Pingback: Instagram Craft DIY Photo Notebook - The SITS Girls

26. Pingback: WEDNESDAY ROUNDUP #37 - Savory Experiments

27. Pingback: The Wednesday Roundup #37 and Twitter Link Party

28. Pingback: The Wednesday Roundup #38 - The Princess & Her Cowboys

29. Pingback: The Wednesday Roundup #37 |

30. Pingback: The Wednesday Roundup Week 37 :: A Link Party

31. Pingback: Share It Thursday #55 - Made From Pinterest

32. Pingback: Ten Best Home Decorating Ideas - Bakerette

33. Pingback: Thrifty Thursday Link Party #10

34. Pingback: That's Fresh Friday #37

35. Pingback: Eat. Create. Party! #35 | Endlessly InspiredEndlessly Inspired

36. Pingback: Fabulous Finds & Linky Party #18 - Mamas Blog Central

37. Raia

Very cute! I bed my daughters would love to make this. ;) Thanks for sharing it at Savoring Saturdays, ladies! I hope you’ll come link up with us again this weekend!

38. Angela

Congrats on being featured on The Wednesday Roundup! Because your post was chosen, its now also been pinned to our Link Party Features Pinterest Board {http://www.pinterest.com/anglemoine/the-wednesday-roundup-features}! We’d Love for you to come on by and check it out!

39. Shanice

Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream’s City of Links last Friday! I loved this post so much that I chose it to be featured for this weeks party. :) Go grab a button you deserve it!

40. Pingback: Savoring Saturdays #26 - It's a love/love thing