Latitude & Longitude {HOME} Wall Art

Posted on by

**This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we may receive compensation. All of the opinions stated are 100% our own.

This Latitude and Longitude Wall Art uses latitude and longitude coordinates for your home or a place that has special meaning to you. This is the perfect decorative addition to any gallery wall.

Latitude and Longitude {Home} Wall Art {www.homemadeinterest.com}
The newest addition to my wall gallery is a Latitude & Longitude {HOME} sign.  I truly love anything that is personalized and I thought the coordinates of our home would be a great piece to add to my wall art collection (Don’t plan on swinging by to say hi, the coordinates have been altered for this post).

I found this piece of wood in the scrap pile at Home Depot — my favorite place! – and I had them cut it into 4 – 18″ long pieces.  I bought 2 different Varathane Wood Stains,  Weathered Gray and Ash, from Home Depot because I wasn’t sure which stain color I would like better.  Good thing I did! To get the coloring I wanted I wound up laying the two stains.

Latitude & Longitude HOME Wall Art |Home.Made.Interest.

To apply the stain we used these handy wiping cloths. This particular stain dries in only 1 hour so we were able to get the whole project done quickly.  I would highly recommend wearing latex gloves any time you use stain.  It will dye your skin and is hard to get off (ask Kat, her glove leaked and her thumbs looked like weathered wood for days!).

Staining with a wiping cloth is easy, just dip the end of your wiping cloth in the stain, then apply it across the grain until the wood is saturated on top.  If you have any drips, make sure to wipe them before they set. Apply as many coats as needed to get the color you desire. We started with the weathered gray, but it seemed to have a blue tint to it, so after applying one coat we decided to add the ash over top. That did the trick!

Latitude & Longitude HOME Wall Art |Home.Made.Interest.

After about a hour the stain was dry. I got my handy hot glue gun out and began to glue the pieces together. Yes, yes I know, we probably should have nailed them together, but seriously, is there anything hot glue can’t fix? I haven’t found it yet!

Latitude and Longitude {Home} Wall Art {www.homemadeinterest.com}

Next up it was time to add the coordinates. To get the latitude and longitude of your home or any location go to LATLONG.NET and just type in the address. Kat cut the latitude and longitude, as well as the word “Home”, out of black vinyl with her Silhouette Cameo and then we applied it to the boards.

Latitude and Longitude {Home} Wall Art {www.homemadeinterest.com}

This project isn’t only for “Home”. You can make this sign with the coordinates of any special place, the location of your wedding or favorite place to travel or where you first met the love of your life :). The possibilities are endless.

Latitude and Longitude Wall Art {www.homemadeinterest.com}
melinda

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
party_button

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Crafts and tagged , , , , on by .

About Melinda

Hello, I'm Melinda, I live in Maryland with my amazing husband and two adorable children (i'm not just saying that because they are mine, they are really adorable, most days). Sawyer is four and Harper will be two in January. They keep me busy and inspired most days and just stressed the other days. I own a seasonal Rita's Italian Ice store that is open from March until October. Now I have my new adventure called Home.Made.Interest., where my bff Kat and I get to share our passion of all things creative. Since I am Portuguese, I have a love of garlic, pork and coffee. I am very excited to see where this adventure of blogland take us. Hope you enjoy our journey along the way.

117 thoughts on “Latitude & Longitude {HOME} Wall Art

1. Peggy Cole

I love this idea! I had been debating the use of the boards like this and now you have convinced me. When I typed in my address the last numbers came out like this (30.0540″) and (31.7580″). Would I use the entire number or did you just use the first number after the decimal point (30.0″) and (31.7″)? I like the look of less numbers.

2. Teri @ The Freshman Cook

Absolutely so cute! I am trying to decide right now where I want the sign to represent. Home, where we got married, where we used to live? I can’t decide!! This would make a nice gift also. Thanks for such a creative idea.
    I would love if you would drop by and link this up to my new blog party, Celebrate It! It’s all about how you celebrate the everyday! http://thefreshmancook.blogspot.com/2014/08/celebrate-it-blog-link-party-4.html
    Hope to see you there!

3. Sarah Ramberg

This is GREAT! And I’m kind of a mapping nerd so using the coordinates to identify your home is just so super cool (in my book, at least). Thanks so much for linking up at Snickerdoodle Sunday- I hope you’ll come back with your latest makes next week!

Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

4. Bobbi

You have such cute ideas girl! This one is no different. Love it. Now I want to know my lat and long…never really been that interested before. Might make a sign like yours :)

Thanks for sharing!
    Pinning it for sure!

5. Susan - ofeverymoment

SUCH a cute idea! I love your family wall – scrabble art is a great idea as well. So glad to see you remembered to not post the actual coordinates to your home! I’m glad I found this at Motivational Monday!

6. Shelly

This is genius! Such a cool idea – thanks for sharing! Now following you on social media – I’d love if you’d follow me too ;-) Feel free to check out my blog if you’d like. Have a great day!

7. Catherine Holt

Your wall art is getting better and better! I love it. What a super cute idea. It’s something that has personal meaning for you and intrigue for others :-)

Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday at Smart Party Planning :-)

8. Leslie @ House on the Way

What a great addition to your gallery wall! I have a Longitude and Latitude sign too and love it! Thanks for sharing at the Twirl & Take a Bow Party. I’m pinning to our party board and sharing on my FB page.
    Leslie

9. Karen

This is such a fun idea. I love the weathered wood look. What a unique idea for personalizing a decor piece.

Thank you for sharing at Wake Up Wednesday!

10. Teresa @ Crafty Wife

What a great project! I love it! My husband wrote the latitude and longitude of our wedding venue on the bottom of my wedding heels, but this would be such a cute way to display it for all to see. Thank you for sharing on The Wednesday Roundup this week! I’m sharing this on my Facebook and Twitter page, and I’m pinning it as well!

11. Pingback: Great Ideas -- 20 DIY Build-It Ideas!

12. Pingback: Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party #21

13. Pingback: Your Designs This Time - No. 24 -

14. Pingback: Your Designs This Time No. 24 - Restless Arrow

15. Pingback: Your Designs This Time – No. 24

16. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday #49 : The Emmys Edition | Epic Mommy Adventures

17. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday - #49 - Baby Doodah!

18. Pingback: - Craving some Creativity

19. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday {#49} • New Mama Diaries

20. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday Link Party #49

21. Pingback: Taking Your Blog to the Next Level with Turn It Up Tuesday {49} - 100lb Countdown

22. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday: Emmys Edition

23. Pingback: Time to Sparkle #75

24. Pingback: Time To Sparkle Link Party #75 - The Gunny Sack

25. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday Link Party

26. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesdays 49! - This Momma's Ramblings

27. Pingback: Join the fun on Turn It Up Tuesday! - My Silly Little Gang

28. Pingback: WEDNESDAY ROUNDUP #40 - Savory Experiments

29. Pingback: Wednesday Whatsits (122) - White Lights on Wednesday

30. Pingback: The Wednesday Roundup #40 - |

31. Pingback: The Wednesday Roundup #40 and Instagram Link Party

32. Pingback: Scrap Wood Wall Art

33. Pingback: Welcome Back To Turn It Up Tuesday ! | Keystrokes by Kimberly

34. Pingback: Linky Party Favorites

35. Cece

Hi—I came to your site this morning via The 36th Ave. I LOVE this project. It might be the thing that will push me over the top to buy a Silhouette. This would be a great present for a house warming gift. Would you/could you share the font name on the word “home” ? Thank you in advance.

1. Melinda Post author

Cece, the font used for the word “HOME” is called freebooter script. Would love to see it when your done! Upload the picture on our Facebook page:)

36. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday 49 - The Mom Maven

37. Pingback: My Favorite Things Link Party 8/30 - Texas Crafty Kitchen

38. Pingback: My Favorite Things #Linkup Party 27 Join Us! — Dear Creatives

39. Pingback: The Wednesday Roundup #41 - |

40. Robyn

Where did you find those cute medium sized scrabble tiles shown in the wall picture? I am going to use this idea and liked the scrabble names as well. I can only find the small and large tiles. Did you make them?

41. Pingback: 20 Pinspiring Projects {Get Your DIY On Features!} | Confessions of a Serial Do-it-Yourselfer

42. Pingback: 20 Pinspired Projects {Get Your DIY On Features} - Just a Girl and Her Blog

43. Pingback: 20 Fabulous Pinterest Pin-spired Projects {that you can DIY} - The Happy Housie

44. Jane Grush

I so love your sign! Just wondering if you have any suggestions on applying the vinyl to the beadboard. Since the beadboard has those grooves, did you lay the vinyl just on top of them or did you push the vinyl down into the grooves? Just wondering.

Thanks,
    Jane

1. Kat

Hi Jane, we just put the vinyl over the grooves but if you want to make it look like it grooves into them you can try cutting the vinyl like we did for our Halloween Footprint sign.

45. Jamie

I totally love this! Any suggestions on how this can be made if you don’t have the silhouette machine for the vinyl letters?
    Thanks!