This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are 100% ours. #KeepSpringBubbly #CollectiveBias
This Blackberry Fizz drink recipe is made with blackberry puree, Canada Dry Ginger Ale®, and Svedka vodka, all fancied up with a blackberry and rosemary skewer. Beautiful and delicious!
Spring is in the air! I can’t tell you guys how excited I am about it. I’m so over the cold and snow. Of course as I write this it is windy and rainy outside…boooo! That’s ok though, Melinda and I came up with an awesome drink recipe this weekend to welcome in Spring and I’m not looking back :).When I think of Spring drinks I think of something bright and fizzy with pretty garnishes. We tried to put all of that into our Blackberry Fizz. It is made with the new Canada Dry Blackberry Ginger Ale® or traditional Canada Dry Ginger Ale®, Svedka vodka, and blackberry-lime puree. We fancied it up with fresh blackberries on a rosemary skewers and a slice of lime. It is pretty darn amazing if I do say so myself!
We grabbed our Canada Dry Ginger Ale® at Walmart. Right now you can find Canada Dry Blackberry Ginger Ale® in stores too. It is a pretty light purple color with fresh blackberry flavor and it is a great way to keep Spring bubbly. We mixed 2 liters of Canada Dry Ginger Ale® with 8 oz. of Svedka vodka and set it aside.
I think my favorite part of the drink may be the rosemary skewers. I’m a sucker for a pretty garnish! They were easy to make we just stripped the leaves off of most of the rosemary and then used a toothpick to make a hole through the blackberries. Then we slid them onto the rosemary. I would have never guessed how much I would like the taste of rosemary and blackberry together, it really adds just a very mild, fresh, taste to the drink.
The puree was made with blackberries, corn syrup, and lime juice, all put in a blender and pureed. Then we used a fine strainer and pushed the puree through to get out all of the little blackberry seeds. Once the puree was ready we placed 3 tablespoons in the bottom of a glass, added a layer of ice and then gently poured the drink mix over the ice.
This is going to be my signature drink for Spring! I not only love the blackberry taste with the fizzy Canada Dry Blackberry Ginger Ale® or traditional Canada Dry Ginger Ale® I think the drink is beautiful! It’s going to be the perfect way to keep Spring bubbly. Bring on grilling season and parties outside in the warm Spring air!
For more great Canada Dry Ginger Ale® recipe ideas check out the Canada Dry Ginger Ale® social hub where you can also enter to win a Canada Dry spring party pack and Walmart gift card.
- 2 liters Canada Dry Blackberry Ginger Ale® or Canada Dry Ginger Ale®
- 8 oz. Svedka vodka
- 3 Tablespoons Blackberry puree
- 16 oz. Blackberries, fresh
- 1 bunch Rosemary, fresh
- 1 Lime
- Crushed ice
- 16 oz. Blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- 4 Tbsp Corn Syrup
- Make blackberry skewers by removing leaves from rosemary stem and pushing a toothpick through the blackberries. Then thread several berries on to each rosemary stem.
- Add 8 oz. of Svedka vodka to 2 liters Canada Dry Blackberry Ginger Ale® or Canada Dry Ginger Ale® .
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of blackberry puree into the bottom of each glass.
- Top puree with a thick layer of crushed ice.
- Gently pour drink mix over the ice.
- Garnish with blackberry skewers and lime slices.
- Add blackberries, lime juice and corn syrup to the blender and puree.
- Pour puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds.
- Refrigerate until using.
How would you use Canada Dry Blackberry Ginger Ale® or traditional Canada Dry Ginger Ale® to make a fun Spring drink?