This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups Recipe combines chocolate chip cookies, dark chocolate ganache and peanut butter. What’s not to love?
Hey guys, today we’re participating in the Monthly Ingredient Challenge. Last month was caramel and if you don’t remember those awesome Caramel Apple Cupcakes we made you need to go check out the recipe they were amazing. March’s ingredient was peanut butter and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups we made may be even better!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase a product we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Melinda has been dying for an excuse to use her tart tamper and we had some cookie dough leftover from our Brookie Bars, so she rolled the dough into 1 inch balls, put them in a mini muffin tin and used her tamper to smoosh them into a cup shape. Then she baked them at 375°F for 10-15 minutes. Once they were cooked she pulled them out of the oven and used the tamper one more time to push down the cookie where it had risen a little.
After they had cooled completely we filled them halfway with peanut butter and then we topped them off with dark chocolate ganache. We stuck them in the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm the chocolate up faster.
OMG guys, these were so good. Pictures cannot adequately convey how delicious these little bites of peanut buttery goodness really were. The creamy peanut butter and the soft, bittersweet chocolate ganache were the perfect filling for the chocolate chip cookie and I loved that they were bite-sized so I didn’t have to feel as guilty when I ate
two four. What can I say, they were irresistible.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (we used a pre-made dough but you can make your own if you prefer)
- 8 oz. Bittersweet chocolate (60% cacao or higher)
- ¼ c Heavy Cream
- 1 c Peanut Butter
- Finely chop chocolate.
- Microwave heavy cream 1 minute or until it begins to boil.
- Pour hot cream onto chocolate and stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Preheat oven according to instruction on cookie dough package/recipe.
- Roll chocolate chip cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
- Using a mini muffin tin place one ball in each muffin spot, and using your tart tamper (or your fingers) press the dough down creating a cup shape.
- Bake the cookie cups according to the instructions on the cookie dough package/recipe.
- Once cookie cups have baked remove them from the oven and use the tart tamper again to press the cookie down where it has puffed up.
- Let the cups cool completely.
- Fill the cups with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
- add 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate ganache on top.
- Refrigerate to firm up the ganache.
Make sure you check out what all of the other talented ladies in our Monthly Ingredient Challenge group made with Peanut butter this month.
Melinda and I got to pick the ingredient for next month and we chose BACON! Can’t wait for you guys to see what we made!