This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are 100% mine. #BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
If you’re hosting a Game Day Party our SNICKERS® crescent rolls and Skittles® popcorn are easy and delicious big game treats!
Football is a big deal in my house. During the football season when my husband isn’t able to make it to a game we love to have friends and family over for a little homegating, and I go all out! This year Kat and I turned the whole table into a football field complete with a field goal, opposing teams, and stands full of cheering fans.
This party was for kids and adults alike, we’re doing our best to raise the next generation of football fans, so I wanted to make some fun big game treats that we’d all enjoy. I found everything I needed at Walmart…SNICKERS® and Skittles®, you can’t go wrong with those. I also grabbed some white chocolate, popcorn and crescent rolls, sounds good already right?
The SNICKERS recipe was super-simple. All I did was wrap fun size SNICKERS in a crescent roll and gently shaped the rolls into a football shape. If you make them be sure the rolls are completely sealed up so you don’t get any SNICKERS leaking out! Then I baked the crescent rolls according to the instructions on the package. Once they came out of the oven and cooled completely I drew laces on with a confectioner’s sugar icing. They were a hit!!
With the Skittles I made a salty and sweet popcorn mix. When I decorated the table I divided it between two opposing teams. Green & yellow on one side and purple & orange on the other, so I separated the Skittles by color also and made popcorn for each side of the table.
The recipe took less than 10 minutes to make! I popped some unbuttered popcorn and melted white chocolate in the microwave. Then I put the popcorn in a bowl and poured the melted chocolate over it. I tossed the popcorn until it was completely coated and then spread it out on a piece of wax paper. Then I sprinkled the Skittles over it and let everything sit for about 20 minutes to fully harden. Since I did two team colors I made two batches. My youngest really loved it, I kept catching her sneaking to the table and stealing some before the party started! 😉
My treats went on my football field table along with cupcakes that I made pom pom toppers for in the team colors, sitting in stands I made from foam board, and “football players” that I made by putting scrapbook paper helmets on the top of glass soda bottles. We’re a pretty competitive group, and everyone has a different team they cheer for, so everyone loved the opposing team theme.
It was such a fun day, everyone enjoyed themselves (even the ones who lost, sorry guys!).
- 16 Fun size SNICKERS®
- 2 cans Crescent rolls
- 1 c Confectioner's sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Water
- Roll 1 SNICKERS inside each crescent roll.
- Make sure to seal all of the edges of the dough tightly so there won't be leaking.
- Use your fingers to gently shape the dough into a football shape.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake according to instructions on the crescent roll package.
- When done remove from oven and let cool.
- While rolls cool mix water and sugar together to make the icing. Only add enough water to get the sugar to the consistency where you can pipe it. Not too runny!
- Put icing in a plastic sandwich bag and snip the tip off of one corner (this will be your piping bag).
- Once rolls are completely cool use icing to draw laces on each roll.
- Let the icing harden before stacking the rolls.
- 1 bag Unbuttered popcorn
- 8 oz. White chocolate
- 2-3 c Skittles
- Pop popcorn and place in bowl.
- Chop and melt chocolate.
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn and mix until the popcorn is thoroughly coated.
- Spread mixture out on a piece of wax paper and sprinkle Skittles over it.
- Let it sit until chocolate has hardened then break apart and serve.
Do you have a favorite big game treat? Link up your favorite recipe in the comments and we’ll pin them to our Game Day Party board on Pinterest!