This Low Carb Jalapeno Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is an easy low carb dinner recipe packed with flavor!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that we may be compensated if you click a link and purchase something. Thank you!
Some nights I get home after a long day of child wrangling, open up the refrigerator and just stare at everything I have in there until I am struck with inspiration. That’s exactly how this Low Carb Jalapeno Chicken and Broccoli Casserole was created. I wanted something low carb and easy to make. I had chicken thawed and I had just bought a head of broccoli at the store. The cream cheese just seemed like the right answer. Much like bacon cream cheese really makes everything better…and, in the back of the fridge I spotted a jalapeno that needed to be used asap. The ingredients were a little random but I knew I could make an awesome low carb recipe out of them.
I diced up the jalapeno, added the cream cheese and some heavy cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Then I stirred everything together until I had whipped up a creamy jalapeno cheese spread that was packed full of flavor. To the jalapeno cream cheese I added cubed chicken and folded everything together until the chicken was good and cheesy. I spread the chicken cream cheese mixture into a greased baking dish and nestled broccoli florets into the chicken. Then I topped it all off with some grated Parmesan and mozzarella, covered it with foil and popped it in the oven at 400°F for 30 minutes. In the last 5 minutes I pulled off the foil and let it bake uncovered so the cheese bubbled and browned.
The smell of that easy cheesy low carb Jalapeno Chicken and Broccoli Casserole brought the kids running for dinner and when it came out of the oven they were ready to dive in. We love spice in my family but I seeded the jalapeno before dicing it so it wasn’t too spicy. I absolutely loved it. That creamy cheese went perfectly with the chicken and the broccoli and I didn’t even miss having rice on the side.
- 1- 1 ½ lbs. Chicken breast, cubed
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. Heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded & diced
- 2 c fresh Broccoli florets
- 1 c Mozzarella, shredded
- ½ Parmesan, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix the cream cheese, heavy cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Add the diced jalapenos and stir until combined.
- Add the cubed chicken to the cheese mixture and fold together until the chicken is coated in the cheese.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Nestle broccoli florets into the chicken.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake for 25 mins. Uncover bake for an additional 5 mins.
You never know what awesomeness you might create with random ingredients found in the fridge!
If you’re looking for other easy low carb recipes try these!