These Marshmallow Cream Filled Cupcakes are a fun and simple-to-make Easter treat.
Want to look all Martha Stewart-y to your friends and family for Easter but you don’t have a lot of time? You have to make these marshmallow cream filled cupcakes! They are a simple Easter treat that will look like it took you hours….but it doesn’t (perfect, right?).
Note: This post contains affiliate links which means we may receive compensation if you purchase something through them.
We kept the whole thing simple and used a boxed Devils Food cake mix for the cupcakes and marshmallow fluff for the filling. To make the filling melt 3/4 stick of unsalted butter and then add it to 10.5 ounces of marshmallow fluff. Stir until the mixture is nice and smooth.
Cut a circle out of your cupcake making sure not to go through the bottom (you don’t want the filling to come out). Then use a spoon to drizzle the filling into the hole. Once it is full take the piece you cut out of the cupcake, trim it and place it over the filling like a little lid. Use a knife or spatula to spread some frosting over the top of the cupcake, hiding the “lid” and the marshmallow filling beneath it.
Now it’s time to get creative. We used a Multi-Opening Decorating Tip
(used to create grass) for our nests but if you don’t have one you could use a basic star tip. Fill up your piping bag and pipe the frosting around the edge of the cupcake a couple of times, building up the height of the nest. Then place 3 candy eggs in the center and ta-da! You have a cute, fun and delicious Easter treat!
This was so simple. From start to finish this took us less than 1.5 hours. The bird’s nest frosting is really forgiving, if you don’t like how it looks just add a little more. Make it today and share it with your family on Easter Sunday
- 1 box of Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- 10.5 oz. of Marshmallow Fluff
- ¾ stick of unsalted butter
- Bake cake according to the instructions on the box.
- After cupcakes have cooled cut a small hole in the top of each cupcake, do NOT go all the way through the bottom.
- Save the piece that comes out of the hole and trim it so it can be the cap on your hole once it is filled.
- Use a spoon to fill each hole with marshmallow fluff.
- Use the small, trimmed, piece that came out of the cupcake and put it on top of the fluff to cap it.
- Use a knife to spread a thin layer of chocolate over the top of the cupcake. Then fill a pastry bag with a multi-opening tip (sometimes called a grass tip) with chocolate frosting and pipe it on the top of the cupcake in a circle.
- Add three candy eggs to the nests.
- Melt ¾ stick of unsalted butter
- Add melted butter to 10.5 ounces of marshmallow fluff.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth.
If you’re looking for some more Easter dessert recipes make sure to check out our Pinterest Board!