This Mississippi Sin Dip is an easy game day appetizer made with cheese and ham mixed together and baked inside a loaf of bread until it is ooey gooey.
Take a look at all of the cheesy, carb-y goodness above and tell me you don’t just want to dive in with a spoon and go nuts. Mississippi Sin Dip has been around forever, it’s one of those classic appetizer that you’ve probably tried some party somewhere but you never knew what it was called. The first time I made it I was in college and I asked my mom for a recipe that I could take to a party. She gave me her recipe for Mississippi Sin dip. Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, ham, all stuffed in bread and baked until it was ooey gooey. It sounded perfect. I mixed everything up and took it to the party planning to warm it up when I got there. Having pretty much no experience cooking stuff I had put the cheese mixture in the fridge before going to the party and I had no idea how long it would take to warm all of that cold cheese. I think we pulled it out of the oven after about 15 minutes and ate it half cold, which was still delicious but not nearly as good as waiting until everything is melted and creamy :).
Now I’m older and wiser and when I make the dip ahead of time I always take it out of the fridge a few hours ahead of time and I know that if I’m baking it there I have to plan for it to bake for at least 30 minutes when I get there. Of course you can always heat it up before you head to a party. It stays warm for a pretty long time and it’s still delicious at room temperature.
Mississippi Sin Dip is a great appetizer for the holidays and perfect for football game days. It feeds a hungry crowd and serious, who doesn’t love cheese, ham, and bread all melted together?
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 c Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 c Ham, chopped
- Hot Sauce to taste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Loaf French Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a hole out of the top of the bread and remove the soft inside. You can save the top of the bread to serve with the dip later.
- Mix the sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ham, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
- Add mixture to french bread.
- Wrap stuffed bread in aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve with bread and crackers.
If you’re looking for other awesome appetizer ideas try these!