Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is an easy banana bread recipe that is perfect for using up those overripe bananas!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that we may be compensated if you click a link and purchase something. Thank you!
I love bananas and in my house there are always some sitting on the counter waiting to be snacked on. While bananas are amazing all on their own it never hurts to add a little peanut butter and chocolate. From Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast wraps, to Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites, to adorable Banana Split Cookie Cups I’ve managed to turn my love of peanut butter, bananas into some amazing snacks and desserts and today’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is right up there at the top of the list!
On that rare occasion when I have bananas that didn’t get eaten before they got a little too ripe I pull out my mixer and whip up this easy banana bread recipe. I love banana bread because it is a quick bread that doesn’t require kneading dough or waiting for it to rise. I can just throw all of the ingredients into one big bowl, stir it all together and pour it in a mixer. And, since peanut butter and chocolate make everything that much better I throw a little of each into my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe!
Once the bread has baked and cooled complete I like to top it off with just a little more peanut butter and chocolate. I melt each in the microwave until it is a pourable consistency and then drizzle it all over the top. What I end up with is a decadent, moist, totally irresistible Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread that usually disappears by the end of the day.
- 4 Bananas, very ripe, peeled
- ½ c. Butter
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 Eggs, large, beaten
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ c. Peanut butter, divided
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ c. Walnuts
- 1 c. Chocolate chips plus ¼ c. for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan before lining the bottom with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Cream eggs, butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl on medium speed.
- Add mashed bananas, ¼ cup peanut butter, and vanilla to butter mixture and continue to mix on medium.
- In a bowl add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the flour and slowly add the flour to the batter continuing to mix.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips, and walnuts to batter stirring until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes at 350°F or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing the banana bread from the pan.
- In the microwave melt ¼ cup chocolate chips in a small bowl 15 seconds at a time until the consistency is pourable.
- In the microwave melt ¼ cup peanut butter in a small bowl 15 seconds at a time until the consistency is pourable.
- Drizzle banana bread with the peanut butter and chocolate.
- Slice and serve.
The next time you have bananas that start to turn brown instead of throwing them in the trash throw them into this easy banana bread and watch as everyone in the house comes running when that delicious smell starts to fill the house!
Looking for more amazing banana recipes? Try these!