Mac n’ Cheese Pizza – Perfect for Snacking!
This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are 100% my own. #GoldfishMix #CollectiveBias
Mac n’ Cheese Pizza combines three things kids love, macaroni and cheese, Goldfish crackers, and pizza, into one great macaroni and cheese recipe.
We’ve had a lot of cold, rainy, days here lately and last weekend my kids and I were getting a little stir crazy so I declared it a family movie day and we all snuggled up on the couch together to watch movies. I popped some popcorn (of course!) and I made this fun Mac n’ Cheese pizza for them to snack on. I don’t know about your kids but there are three things my kiddos never get enough of: Goldfish crackers, macaroni and cheese, and pizza. Managing to put them all together in one dish made me supermom for the day!
Everything you need for the recipe can be found at Walmart and right now the Goldfish crackers are on a rollback so a 30 oz container is only $5.98! I substituted the usual flour in my macaroni and cheese recipe with crushed up Goldfish crackers to make the mac n’ cheese even cheesier and I sprinkled crumbled Goldfish crackers over the top of the macaroni and cheese instead of bread crumbs. It was so good!
To make the mac n’ cheese pizza I made my macaroni and cheese and then spooned it on to a store-bought mini pizza crust. Then I sprinkled on crushed Goldfish crackers, and topped some of the pizzas with pepperoni’s and left some plain. You could use any pizza toppings you like. Then I baked it according to the instructions on the pizza crust package.
Once they were cooked I pulled them out of the oven and let them cook a little while before cutting. I was worried the mac n’ cheese might want to fall off but it all stuck together just like a pizza should. I actually thought it was a great way to serve macaroni and cheese to the kids for movie day because they were on the couch rather than at the kitchen table and having a slice of mac n’ cheese made it so they could eat it with their fingers!
The kids loved it. They thought I was so funny for putting Goldfish crackers and macaroni and cheese on a pizza, and they had a greate time eating it snuggled up with mom and dad on the couch. It wasn’t only the kids that loved it either, I had a piece myself and it was awesome!
Mac n' Cheese Pizza
- 6 Individual Pizza Crusts
- 1 16 oz. box Mini Pasta Shells
- 6 oz. American cheese
- 2 c Cheddar, shredded
- 3/4 c Goldfish, crushed, divided
- 2 c Milk
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Pizza topping of your choice
Macaroni and Cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Pour in pasta shells and cook according to instructions on package.
- While the noodles cook heat a saucepan and add the butter and 1/4 c of crushed Goldfish crackers.
- Add cheddar cheese, American cheese and 1 cup of milk, stirring until the cheeses are melted. Slowly add the second cup of milk until you get a thick but liquid consistency to the cheese.
- When noodles have finished cooking remove them from the heat and drain.
- Then put them back in their pot and add the cheese sauce. Stir until the noodles are fully coated.
- Serve or add to Mac n' Cheese Pizza.
Mac n' Cheese Pizza
- Place 3-4 spoonfuls of macaroni and cheese on each pre-made pizza crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crushed goldfish over the macaroni and cheese on the pizzas.
- Add any pizza topping you would like.
- Bake according to instructions on pizza dough package.
What kind of crazy snacking ideas have you come up with to keep the kids smiling on a rainy day? Share them with us!