Must Have Kitchen Items That Will Make Your Life Easier!
Do you have a love and hate relationship with cooking? I do, but these Must Have Kitchen Items make being in the kitchen a littler easier.
Now a days you can’t turn on the TV without seeing a cooking show. Seems like everyone is a chef or wants to be. Thankfully with everyone wanting to be Martha Stewart or Gordon Ramsay, there are so many useful items to make that a reality. Cut prep time in half or the guessing game of whether your meat is cooked to the proper temperature with these kitchen must haves.
- I first got my KitchenAid mixer as a bridal gift. I was one of those that still used my handy hand mixer. I thought no way this can be easier than just mixing it by hand. Boy was I wrong! I like that I can walk away while it mixes, the super fast speed makes the best whipped cream but my favorite is the hook attachment that breaks up my chicken for my famous buffalo chicken dip. It even breaks up your pork for pulled pork! No more sore arm muscles 🙂
- I’m a total clutz in the kitchen so these OXO Good Grips mixing bowls are great. They have a non-skid bottom so you can go crazy and whisk away. I love the spout on them, makes pouring super easy and mess free.
- Everyone needs a cast iron skillet and this Le Creuset enameled cast-Iron skillet is amazing. It is heavy, heats evenly, AND it is enameled so you can use it on a glass top stove without leaving scratches. It also comes in tons of gorgeous colors.
- I having been wanting this Joseph Joseph Adjustable Rolling Pin for awhile and finally got it for Christmas. LOVE it! The sides have disc’s that are adjustable so your cookie dough will be the same level every time. All these recipes online read “roll out dough to 1/4 inch”, ummm, who’s breaking out the ruler? Not me. This rolling pin does it for you. Great gift for mom who still uses the old school rolling pin.
- I use these Battery Powered Brushed Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Mill everyday, with the touch of one button it grinds up my peppercorns and Himalayan Salt with ease. No need to bring at the old crank mills that you need both hands for.
- When I first saw these non-stick silicone baking mats , I thought well this is unnecessary, I have a cookie sheet why would I need these. Again, I was WRONG! Have I mentioned how much I hate to hand wash dishes? Well with these, you don’t have to wash those big bulky cookie sheets because this sits inside of it. These mats are super easy to clean too. Also, my cookie bottoms never burn and these eliminate having to grease the pan.
- I use these J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Kitchen Shears more than I should for things I probably shouldn’t be using them for. They are my go to for everything from cracking nuts, cutting up chicken to opening bottles. Okay and for opening up any and every bag in my house. They don’t recommend putting them in the dishwasher, but let’s be real here. I do and have for over 10 years, still sharp and do a great job.
- My first real joy with cooking came from these Le Creuset spatula. I use to think, spatula = baking, right? WRONG! Cooking with a heat resistant spatula is amazing. Your pans don’t get scratched and they have a removable head to toss into the dishwasher.
- This Weber 6492 Original Instant-Read Thermometer
is a new must have for me. Growing up my mom never used a thermometer, which explains all the over cooked meals we had (sorry Mom). My husband uses in when he grills and I use it when I make roasts. Take the guessing game out of cooking.
- I like using different types of salt when I cook and sea salt and kosher salt are some of my favorites. Since their grains are way too big for a salt shaker I keep my salt in a Bamboo Round Salt Box. All I have to do is flip the lid and grab a pinch or two when I’m cooking.
- You have to have a good quality knife in your kitchen, you won’t believe what a difference it makes when you’re cooking. Pick the one size you use most and spend the extra bucks to make sure it’s high quality. My favorite and most used in my kitchen is my J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic 8-inch Chef’s Knife
. Cooking is not enjoyable if you can’t slice and dice like the pros. Did I mention I put mine in the dishwasher too, yep 10 years now. Now you still have to sharpen it every now and again, so pick yourself a sharpener too.
- Gotta have a non skid cutting board like this OXO Good Grips Utility Cutting Board. When I’m chopping away, I don’t want my cutting board sliding, that’s how you lose fingers people! I also like the juice groove around the edges to make cleaning up easier. Also, dishwasher safe!
- These are not your ordinary measuring cups, these OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cupsare angled on the sides. You don’t need to get to eye level to see if you have accurately poured the right amount in. You can read you measurements from above. Bonus, dishwasher safe! Are you seeing a trend yet? I really hate hand washing dishes.
If you don’t have any of these or have some, trust me, they will make your life in the kitchen much easier. Cooking will be a joy not a hassle. Plus most are dishwasher safe, so you don’t need to mess your manicure up by hand washing them 🙂
Get you kitchen must haves ready for all that Easter cooking you’ll be doing!