Peach Rose Tarts
These Peach Rose Tarts have all of the flavors of a peach tart rolled up into beautiful summer peach dessert.
We’re in the dog days of summer now and after a long dreary spring I’m not complaining! Other than the sunshine and the heat one of my favorite things about the summer is fresh peaches. Ripe, sweet peaches from the farmer’s market that are drip juicy goodness down your chin when you bite into them. I usually eat them sliced up with just a little sugar sprinkled on top, or baked into a simple cobbler but I’ve had this idea percolating in the back of my head since I saw these Apple Roses I’ve been wanting to try it with peaches.
It’s pretty easy but it does take a little time. You start by thinly slicing a peach and sprinkling the slices lightly with sugar. Then you roll a puff pastry sheet out until it is about 1/4″ thick and slice it into 3 inch strips. One strip at a time layer the peach slices across the pastry dough leaving the bottom half bare. Brush the exposed dough with butter, sprinkle a little more sugar and then fold the dough up over the bottom half of the peaches. Gently roll the puff pastry up and you have a lovely peach rose tart. I brushed the outside with a little egg wash to help it brown and then dropped each tart into a greased muffin tin and then baked them in a 375°F oven for 40-45 minutes until the dough was completely cooked.
When they were done baking I let them cool for a few minutes and then popped them out of the muffin pan and sprinkled them with powdered sugar. They turned out beautiful and delicious just like I knew they would!
Grilled BBQ Pulled Pork & Peach Pizza from Bread Booze Bacon
Peach Cobbler Loaf Cake from I Heart Eating
Peach Bourbon Arnold Palmer from Kleinworth & Co.
Peach Margarita Sorbet from Cooking with Curls
Peach Rose Tarts from Home.Made.Interest.
Raspberry & Peach Cobbler from Sugar & Soul
Light Peach & Berry Tart from The Creative Bite
Peach Vanilla Jam from Celebrating Sweets
Sparkling Peach Cucumber Lemonade from Life is but a Dish
Grilled Peach Bellini from Nomageddon
Peach Shinesicles from Frugal Foodie Mama
Easy Peach Cobbler from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Peach Ice Cream from Liz on Call
Peach Sangria from Around My Family Table
Grilled Peach Panzanella Salad from A Simple Pantry
That’s not the only peach recipe I have for you today. We’ve teamed up with a fun group of talented bloggers to bring you a whole bushel of summer peach recipes and every single one of them looks amazing!
Peach Rose Tarts
- 1 Puff pastry sheet, thawed
- Flour for rolling out puff pastry
- 2-3 Peaches
- ¼ cup Sugar, granulated
- ¼ cup Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Powdered sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon Water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and roll the puff pastry out until it is about ¼” thick.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. Thinly slice the peaches and sprinkle them with a bit of the sugar.
- Cut the pastry dough into 3’ strips, you should get 5- 6 out of a sheet of puff pastry.
- Place the peaches on the top third of the dough then brush butter over the peaches and the bottom portion of the dough.
- Sprinkle the peaches with a little more sugar then fold up the bottom portion of the dough.
- Gently roll the puff pastry up sealing the edge when you get to the end.
- Mix together water and egg to make an egg wash and brush each rose tart with egg wash. Place each tart in a greased muffin cup.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until dough is completely cooked in the center of the tart.
- Remove from oven and let the tarts cool before removing them from the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional) and enjoy!