What to put on a wedding registry can be overwhelming for a bride, so I’m giving you the top registry staples that a new couple should have in their new home.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Did you know that July is the most popular month for wedding planning? Among all the other wedding planning things to do, a wedding registry is important to make sure your new home together has all the essential staples you will need. Plus, you get to register for quality items you wouldn’t necessarily spend money on. Quality is important so you’re not having to buy new kitchen or bath items a year afterwards. Enjoy this time and spoil yourself, but be reasonable. You don’t need a waffle iron if you only make waffles once a year! Focus on the items you will actually use everyday. Don’t register for items just because they are on a bridal checklist. Register for useful items and gift cards. Gift cards are always handy. Amazon wedding registry is my favorite because your guests don’t have to leave their house to buy you the perfect gift. Amazon is also prefect to those slackers that wait until the last-minute to buy a gift. Most items are Prime shipping and will arrive in 2 days.
What to put on a wedding registry doesn’t have to be stressful. Enjoy this time with your groom. Here is a list of wedding registry items that will be a staple in your new home.
- Cuisinart TOB-135N Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler – this is not just a toaster oven. It is very useful when you need to reheat items or cook smaller portions. Use this in place of the microwave. We all know that the food just doesn’t taste the same. An oven is always tastier. Bonus, it is all programmable. Cuisinart is a very good brand and they make quality items. This will also toast your bread to perfection. It has very detailed setting for toasting which is always a plus since we have a burnt toast story in our past.
- Lagostina Q555SD Axia Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Cookware Set– a good set of pots and pans are the most important thing on a wedding registry. I have had mine for 20 years and they still look brand new. My favorite part about this cookware set is that they are dishwasher safe! This is pretty major for me. Besides hating hand washing things, who has time to do it? I sure don’t. Let’s be honest, even if I did have time, I wouldn’t want to.
- Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker– this Instant Pot has become a kitchen staple. A lot of people think this is like a slow cooker, but it is not. It’s totally different! It’s so much more. Instead of having a slow cooker, why not have something that is also a pressure cooker, rice cooker, saute/browning, yogurt maker, steamer & warmer all in one? Instead of having one of each of these items, save space by having one item that literally does it all.
- Vitamix 5200 Series Blender– This blender is the Rolls Royce of blenders. This bad boy will last you a lifetime! The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes. That means it can make soup in minutes. It also makes ice cream in minutes, too. You can create every course of your home-cooked meal, from frozen drinks to creamy desserts, in minutes. The Vitamix 5200 is the universal tool for family meals and entertaining. Don’t get me started on all the healthy smoothies and shakes you can make to keep up with your pre-wedding diet that you promise yourself to stick to after the wedding!
- Wusthof Classic 7-piece Slim Knife Block Set– Right behind having quality pots and pans, knives are my second most important item. I love me a good knife in the kitchen! It can make or break your mood when preparing a meal. A good quality set of knives will last forever. Some people don’t understand that knives dull. No matter the quality, you do have to sharpen them occasionally. Get over it, buy a sharpener! If you start off with good quality though, they don’t dull as fast. Like pots and pans, you will use your knives everyday. Quality or quantity. You only need a few good knives.
- KitchenAid KSM150PSMC Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield– Though I don’t use this everyday, this may be one of my favorites especially during the holidays. If you’re a baker, you should already have one. Regardless if you bake often or not, this lovely crafted machine is amazing. After using this you will want to bake more. My favorite little tip for this mixer is the bread arm attachment can be used to pull apart pork or shred chicken.
- Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform– You gotta have a scale! This seems to be forgotten when you’re thinking about what to put on a wedding registry. This scale allows you to simply step onto the scale and in seconds you’ll have an accurate readout to the nearest .2 lbs. Every tenth of a pound counts, am I right ladies? I am a glutton for punishment, so I weigh myself every morning to keep myself on track. It is also helpful to weigh luggage is you don’t have a luggage scale.
- Shark Ultimate Professional Iron– As much as I despise ironing, every home has to have an iron. Don’t skip a good iron. It can make life frustrating. A good quality iron will last forever. If your groom has to have neatly pressed shirts for work, a good iron is key. I’m thankful my husband does his own ironing 🙂
- Luxury Towels – There is nothing better than getting out the shower and wrapping yourself with a soft towel. You and your new hubby deserve to be pampered. Good quality towels will last forever. I have had mine for 20 years. Granted some of mine may have some bleach stains due to my laziness when I do laundry, but they are all still super soft and make my morning shower that much better.
- iRobot Roomba 650 Vacuum Cleaning Robot– this is as close as we’ll get to having Rosie- the Jetsons maid as you can get. I suggest registering for 2, or one for every level of your house. This is a life saver. Right before heading out for work, just flip the switch and you will come home to a vacuumed home. Need I say more!?! This will also prevent any fighting with your future love about whose turn it is to vacuum.
- Keurig K575 Coffee Maker– I use my Keurig every morning for coffee. If you’re not a coffee drinker, no worries, this makes tea, iced tea, hot cocoa and even soup. They now have soup k-cups, pretty fabulous. Or if you need steaming hot water, use your Keurig. This beauty no only does individual cups, you can also make carafe of coffee or tea for guests.
- Corelle Livingware 16-Piece Dinnerware Set– take my advice on this. Don’t stress over finding the perfect set of everyday plates to match your kitchen decor. Honestly after a few week you will not care. The function and ease of your everyday plates are more important than looks. I absolutely love my Corelle plates. I have the plain white set. They are super thin, light and do not break or chip. That is what you want. I went through 3 sets of different everyday plates before I finally listened to my husband and got Corelle. I will never use anything else. Loading and unloading heavy plates is not fun. Bonus, when you have kids, they can help put the them away since they don’t break and are light-weight. I always say, once you Corelle, you will never go back.
- HC Collection Bed Sheets Set– sleeping in soft crisp sheets is the best. Quality sheets are often overlooked because they are not the exact match to your duvet or bed spread. Guess what, no one cares. Only you will see your sheets, and only you will sleep in your bed. Find a basic color that matches the over decor, you will be thankful every night when you climb into your bed.
- Bakeware – bakeware is pretty inexpensive so there is no excuse to have crappy bakeware, especially cookie sheets. I cannot stand flimsy cookie sheets that halfway through baking cookies it buckles in the oven, ruining those delicious cookies you so patiently have been waiting for to stuff your face with. You can see my bitterness towards bakeware, lol. I also suggest registering for a few cookie sheets. They are very useful and come in handy.
- Pyrex Easy Grab 6-Piece Glass Bakeware – Love my Pyrex and you will too! You can store food in them, bake with them, travel with them. They serve a lot of purposes. Great for making casseroles for family like our bacon ranch chicken casserole or taco macaroni casserole. My favorite use for them are for our chicken parmesan sliders, Philly cheesesteak sliders, meatball sliders or Cuban sliders. I may have a bit of a slider obsession.
Start your registry today! Don’t worry about what to put on a wedding registry. Focus on the basics and remember Amazon gift cards rock!
Hope this list of what to put on a wedding registry has helped. Enjoy this time in your life though it may be stressful, the bigger picture is you are about to marry the live of your life!