Pale Ale Chili
Pale Ale Beer Chili is a hearty and easy to make game day chili made with beer, ground beef, and ground pork. It is perfect for football season.
Servings 8 -8 servings
- 2 pounds Ground beef
- 1 pound Ground sausage remove from casing
- 2 Bell peppers seeded and diced
- 2 Garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 Yellow onion diced
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 Poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Paprika powder
- 12 ounces Pale ale Beer
- 14.5 ounces Diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper: to taste
- Garnish with Cheddar cheese sour cream & green onions
Brown the beef and sausage over medium heat in a large pot.
Drain and set aside.
Add olive oil, onions, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeno, poblano pepper to the large pot and cook for 5 mins.
Add drained meat, pale ale, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, paprika to the pot and cover.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for an hour minimum; covered.
Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions or your favorite chili garnish.
Enjoy with a piece of cornbread!
Calories: 550kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 844mg | Potassium: 931mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2485IU | Vitamin C: 62.4mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 5.2mg