Brookies combine warm chocolate chip cookies and fudgy chocolate brownies into an amazing baked dessert that will be everyone's new favorite treat!
- 1 cup Salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Packed brown sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 box Family-Size Brownie mix + ingredients listed on back of box
Place softened butter in the bowl of your mixer followed by the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix together on medium speed until creamy.
Add 2 eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until the eggs are fully incorporated.
In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour and baking soda, whisking together so it is well mixed.
Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix on medium until all of the flour is mixed in.
Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and use a spatula to fold them into the dough.
See Note #1 below.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a 13”x9” baking pan by greasing it with non-stick spray.
Pour brownie batter into the pan and use a spatula to smooth it out.
Using 20 ounces of the chocolate chip cookie dough, place 1 tablespoon dollops of cookie dough all over the brownie batter. Then take a knife and run it through the brownie batter around the cookie dough helping it meld with the cookie dough.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool for 20 minutes and then serve.
- This makes about 40 ounces of cookie dough. You only need 20 ounces for the brookies. Take the remaining 20 ounces of cookie dough, tightly wrap it in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg