Vegan Pasta Salad
This easy Vegan Pasta Salad is made with fresh vegetables and herbs, gluten free pasta and no mayonnaise for a simple meatless lunch or dinner idea that is packed full of flavor.
- 8 ounces Dry O Organics Pasta Fusilli Chickpea see note #1 below
- 8 ounces Tomatoes diced
- 8 ounces Cucumber diced
- 4 ounces Broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 ounces Bell peppers any color, diced
- 2 ounces Red onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh parsley finely minced
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Cook for 1 minute less than instructions ask for. Once cooked drain immediately and let cool.
In a small bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Once pasta has cooled place it in a large bowl and add the tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, broccoli, red onion, and fresh parsley. Toss together.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until everything is well coated.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- We used three pastas: O Organics Pasta Fusilli Chickpea, O Organics Pasta Fusilli Green Lentil, and O Organics Pasta Penne Red Lentil to make up our 8 ounces of pasta. This isn't required you can use 8 ounces of a single pasta if you prefer.