Corned Beef Hash
Corned beef hash is a delicious breakfast made with a combination of leftover corned beef, perfectly cooked potatoes and onions. It's a great way to start your day!
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 24 ounces Frozen diced potatoes hash browns
- 4 ounces Finely diced onion
- 2 cloves Garlic finely minced
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 8 ounces Cooked corned beef cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon Finely chopped Parsley
Add butter to a heavy bottomed skillet (preferably cast iron) and heat over medium high heat.
Once butter has melted add the diced potatoes, diced onions, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir together and then spread out in the skillet. Let it cook undisturbed for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes gently stir/flip the mixture. Let it continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes begin to crisp and the onions are soft.
Add the chopped corned beef to the potatoes, gently stirring them in. Continue to cook for 5 minutes or until corned beef is warmed through. See Note 1 if you want to add eggs.
Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
Here’s how to add in some eggs:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Once you have added in the corned beef, use your spoon to make 4 wells in the hash.
- Crack one (1) egg into each well.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until the eggs have reached your preferred level of doneness.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 745mg | Potassium: 629mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 351IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg