Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
These Bacon Wrapped Green Beans are an easy side dish made with roasted green beans, bacon, and brown sugar. They make a great addition to holiday dinners!
Bacon wrapped green beans is one of those classic side dishes that look impressive when you serve them, but are actually really easy to make!
Green bean bundles have been around forever and they couldn’t be any easier to make. Oven roasted green beans, wrapped in crispy bacon, and coated in a delicious brown sugar glaze go perfectly with Honey Glazed Ham and make a great addition to Easter dinner, Thanksgiving dinner, or Christmas dinner.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Green beans – We prefer fresh green beans for this recipe but in a pinch you can use frozen green beans if you can find whole beans. They may be a little softer after cooking but the flavor is still there. Canned green beans do not work since they are already fully cooked and they are cut into small pieces before canning.
- Bacon – Any bacon will work for this recipe but we recommend thin cut bacon because it crisps up so easily.
- Butter – We use salted butter.
- Garlic powder – This helps balance out the sweetness of the sugar.
- Brown sugar – The brown sugar caramelizes as it cooks making a delicious glaze on the green beans.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles:
Step 1 – Partially cook bacon. Cook 12 pieces of bacon until they are starting to crisp at the edges but are still flexible. Set finished bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease.
Step 2 – Par cook the green beans. Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the green beans. Bring the large pot of water to a boil and add the beans. Cook for approximately 4 minutes then pour the water through strainer.
Run ice cold water over the beans or plunge them into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. This will give you beans with bright green color.
Pat dry with a paper towel to remove all of the excess water.
Step 3 – Prepare the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Step 4 – Make the glaze. In a small bowl mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and garlic powder tp make your brown sugar glaze.
Step 5 – Make the bundles. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, bundle the partially cooked green beans into piles of 5-6 beans
Wrap each bundle in a bacon slice using a toothpick to hold the bacon around the green bean bundle.
Brush each green bean bundle with the brown sugar glaze.
Step 6 – Bake. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
When the green bean bundles come out of the oven the green beans are perfectly roasted, with a delicious brown sugar glaze that coats the green beans and bacon.
Each bundle is an impressive individual serving of green beans and a mix of salty, smoky, sweet bacon that your guests are going to love!
These simple green beans are baked at 375 degrees F for 7-10 minutes. You’ll know they are ready when the bacon is nice and crisp and the green beans are tender and glossy with the brown sugar glaze.
Yes. While we recommend fresh green beans you can use frozen green beans if needed. You will need to make sure they are whole, uncut, green beans. They will be slightly softer when fully cooked but they do work!
Yes. To make this dish ahead of time prepare the bundles but skip making the glaze. Store the wrapped beans in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
When ready to bake place the bundles on a lined baking sheet, stir together the glaze ingredients and then brush them over the bundles. Bake according to the recipe instructions.
Yes. This dish can be frozen. Prepare the beans and wrap up the bundles but do not mix up the brown sugar glaze.
Place the bundles on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and slide into a gallon freezer bag. If you have more than one layer place a piece of wax or parchment paper between each layer.
Freeze for up to 2 months.
To reheat remove from the freezer and place on a lined baking sheet. Mix up the brown sugar glaze and brush over each bundle.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 – 12 minutes or until heated through and the bacon has crisped.
Looking for More Green Bean Recipes?
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- 1 pound Green beans
- 12 slices Bacon, thin
- 1/4 cup Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- Cook 12 pieces of bacon until they are starting to crisp but are still flexible. Set finished bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease.
- Par cook the green beans by placing them in boiling water for approximately 4 minutes. Remove from boiling water and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Pat dry with a paper towel to remove all of the excess water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and garlic powder tp make your brown sugar glaze.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, bundle the partially cooked green beans into piles of 5-6 beans
- Wrap each bundle in a slice of bacon using a toothpick to hold the bacon around the green bean bundle.
- Brush each green bean bundle with the brown sugar glaze.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.