Easy Cucumber and Tomatoes Salad
Cucumber and Tomatoes Salad is made with fresh cucumbers and tomatoes that are tossed in a homemade vinegar dressing to make a beautiful side dish for summer!
This simple cucumber tomato salad is one of the things I look forward to in the summer! Oh sure, you can eat it any time of the year, but it’s the best in the summer with juicy, ripe tomatoes, and fresh cucumbers straight from the garden.
This dish is similar to the classic Italian bread salad panzanella. I highly recommend you give it a try if you love this tomato and cucumber salad.
If you love a light summer salad, try our strawberry spinach salad or our Avocado Tuna Salad. Fresh summer fruits and vegetables just make everything taste a little better!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients for the perfect cucumber salad with tomatoes.
- Cucumber – It doesn’t matter what variety of cucumber you use for this recipe. You can peel them if that is your preference, cut it up into bite-sized pieces, and you’re done!
- Tomatoes – I like to use big organic tomatoes cut into bite-sized pieces but you can also use Roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes.
- Red Wine Vinegar – I love red wine vinegar and it is my preference for this recipe, but you can substitute with white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar if you prefer. If you use plain, white vinegar I suggest adding a small amount at a time until you reach the taste level you prefer since it can be stronger than the others. You can also add a little bit of sugar to it to cut the sharpness.
- Olive Oil – A good quality extra-virgin olive oil really ups the flavor of this simple dish.
- Salt and pepper – Add kosher salt and pepper to taste. I’ve given you a starting point, but you may want a bit more. Cucumbers and tomatoes need a good dose of salt to really bring out the flavor, and pepper just makes everything more flavorful.
The great thing about this salad is that you can always add more to it depending on what you like.
Cheeses: fresh burrata, mozzarella, goat cheese, or feta cheese.
Vegetables: avocado, red onion, or bell peppers.
Herbs or Spices: fresh dill, fresh basil leaves, garlic, oregano, Italian seasoning, or parsley.
You may also like adding a squeeze of lemon juice to give an extra zest to your salad recipe.
Want to make this a dinner salad instead of a delicious side? Try adding salmon, chicken, or steak!
How to Make Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Step 1 – Cut the Vegetables – Cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces. There is no right or wrong way to do it.
Step 2 – Make the Dressing – Whisk your olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
Step 3 – Assemble – Toss the tomatoes and cucumbers together in a large bowl and then pour the dressing over them, tossing until everything is well coated. Let the salad sit for at least 20 minutes to let the flavors soak in.
Perfect for Potlucks and BBQs!
This simple tomatoes and cucumbers salad makes a great side dish for summer parties. Serve it alongside grilled shrimp, ribs, or some delicious pulled pork for the perfect meal!
A regular cucumber has a darker, thicker skin that often has a waxy coating on it. If you are using this type of cucumber you should peel it before adding it to the salad.
Persian cucumbers, or English cucumbers are a great alternative because their skin is thinner and has a very mild flavor so you don’t even need to peel them. Just wash them thoroughly and cut them up and you’re ready to go.
When making a salad with tomatoes cut your tomatoes into bite-sized pieces. If you don’t like the seeds you can remove them.
If you use cherry or grape tomatoes I suggest cutting them in half so they can better absorb the flavors of the dressing.
This is a keto recipe with only 3 net carbs per serving. It makes a great side dish to accompany all of your keto grilling in the summer.
How Long Does It Last in the Fridge?
This salad with cucumbers and tomatoes lasts 3-4 days in the refrigerator but in my opinion it is best served fresh because tomatoes tend to get a bit mealy when they are refrigerated.
It’s such a simple recipe that even if you’re making it for a party you can throw it all together in 15 minutes before your guests arrive.
Looking for More Easy Salads?
- Easy Cowboy Caviar
- Mandarin Orange Salad with Citrus Dressing
- Spicy Southwest Salad
- Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad
- Endive Salad with homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Broccoli Salad with Mango Chutney Dressing
- Classic Waldorf Salad
- Ambrosia Salad
- Portuguese Chickpea Salad
- Panzanella Salad
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 2 large Cucumber, peeled if needed
- 4 large Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper, plus more to taste
- Cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Whisk your olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Toss the tomatoes and cucumbers together in a large bowl and then pour the dressing over them, tossing until everything is well coated. Let the salad sit for at least 20 minutes to let the flavors soak in.