Cheesy, creamy, buffalo chicken stuffed inside of a jalapeno and wrapped in bacon these Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers are perfect for game day!
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers
Are you guys ready for this? We’ve taken two of our favorite game day foods, buffalo chicken dip and jalapeño poppers, and combined them into Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers. Football season may never be the same. They are loaded with hot sauce, cream cheese, chicken, and wrapped in bacon, and they are the perfect football party food for tailgating and parties at home.
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers are made of three simple parts:
Buffalo Chicken Dip – a combination of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and ranch dressing. It’s creamy and perfectly spicy with just enough of a kick to keep you coming back for more.
Jalapenos – They are seeded and the white ribs on the inside are removed so they aren’t as spicy as you’d think. A perfect vessel for that tangy buffalo chicken.
Bacon – Do I really need to say more? Bacon brings everything together. That salty, smokey flavor makes everything better!
The jalapeno halves are stuffed with heaping tablespoon (more or less as needed) of buffalo chicken dip, and each one is wrapped in a piece of bacon before being baked in the oven until the peppers begin to soften and the bacon is crispy.
Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers:
- You can boil the chicken for the buffalo chicken dip portion of the recipe, or if you really want to save time you can use your crock pot to make shredded chicken!
- Shredding chicken is quick and easy if you use your stand mixer. Instead of using a fork to pull the meat apart like you are probably used to, put the chicken breasts in your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment . Turn it on and the dough hook shreds the meat in minutes!
- Your jalapenos should be capped, cut in half, and the seeds and white ribs should be removed. Wear gloves for this part!! Otherwise you’ll wind up touching something later (like your eye) and regretting it. Those jalapeño oils are hard to get off of your skin.
- Partially cook your bacon before wrapping the jalapeno poppers. This will ensure that it is fully cooked and crisp in the time it takes the poppers to cook through.
- If you don’t want to wrap your jalapeño poppers in bacon, then you can sprinkle a little shredded cheddar cheese on top, press it into the dip a little to hold it in place, and you’re ready to bake.
- Make it ahead of time! You can stuff the jalapeno poppers the night before your party and pop them in the oven right before guests arrive.
When they are done, pull them out of the oven, let them cool off a little and then you’re ready to eat! Use ranch dressing, or sour cream mixed with guacamole or salsa, as a cool dip and enjoy!
Want more awesome tailgating recipes? Check these out!
Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Dog Bites
Football Game Day Cookies
Sun-Dried Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Tropical Chicken with Grilled Pineapple
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Sloppy Joe Sliders
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Homemade Soft Pretzels with Mustard Cheese Dip
Bruschetta Turkey Burger Sliders
Bacon Cheese Ball
Red Potato Salad with Bacon
Easy Pizza Kabobs
BUFFALO CHICKEN JALAPENO POPPERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Game Day Recipes board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
- 2 Chicken Breasts approximately 12 ounces
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Chicken Dip see recipe above
- 16-20 Jalapeños halved, seeds and ribs removed
- 16-20 Strips Bacon
Place chicken breasts in boiling water for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Remove chicken breasts and put them directly into your stand mixer's mixing bowl. (If you don't have a stand mixer you can use a fork to shred the chicken by hand.)
Using the dough hook attachment turn the mixer on medium for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is completely shredded. Stir once or twice to make sure all of the chicken has been shredded.
Add softened cream cheese to chicken and blend it together thoroughly.
Add hot sauce and blend thoroughly.
Add shredded cheese and ranch and blend thoroughly.
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Partially cook bacon, getting it partially crisp but still flexible enough to be wrapped around the poppers.
Stuff the jalapeno halves with a heaping tablespoon of buffalo chicken dip (more or less as needed).
Wrap each jalapeño popper in a piece of bacon.
Arrange the stuffed poppers on a baking sheet.
Bake in oven until jalapeños have softened and bacon is crispy. Approximately 20 minutes