Easy Microwave Fudge
This easy homemade microwave fudge recipe is made in just 5 minutes with 3 simple ingredients!
This easy chocolate fudge recipe made in the microwave is sometimes called Eagle brand fudge because it is a sweetened condensed milk fudge and Eagle Brand is a popular brand of sweetened condensed milk.
Making this easy recipe for fudge in microwave only requires 3 simple ingredients and less than 10 minutes of your time. Once it’s melted and smooth all you must do is pour it in a pan and wait for it to harden. It is a quick and easy holiday treat that will delight your entire family!
It’s a great homemade candy to make for Christmas gifts and it’s easy enough to make that the kids can help you with it!
Table of contents
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients for Microwave Fudge with Condensed Milk
- Chocolate chips – You can use any chocolate you like, semi-sweet, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, bittersweet chocolate. I usually use a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Sweetened condensed milk is a very thick, very sweet mixture made from condensing milk by removing the water from it by cooking it away. This thickens the milk making it what we call evaporated milk. Then sugar is added to sweeten it making it sweetened condensed milk.
- Nuts – Walnuts, pecans, pistachios, and almonds are the most common nuts used in fudge.
Variations and Flavor Ideas
There are some variations of this easy fudge recipe that you may like to try. You can mix-in:
- Mint Chocolate Fudge: Add a dash of peppermint extract for a refreshing twist.
- Rocky Road Fudge: Mix in mini marshmallows and chopped nuts.
- White Chocolate Fudge: Replace semi-sweet chocolate with white chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Swirl Fudge: Add a swirl of creamy peanut butter to your fudge mixture for a delightful blend of chocolate and peanut flavors.
- Caramel Delight Fudge: Drizzle caramel sauce over the top of your fudge just before it sets to create a sweet and gooey caramel layer.
- S’mores Fudge: Mix in mini marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and a few pieces of chopped chocolate for that classic s’mores taste.
- Espresso Fudge: Infuse your fudge with a strong espresso flavor by adding a couple of teaspoons of instant coffee granules.
- Fruit and Nut Fudge: Experiment with dried fruits like cherries, cranberries, or apricots, along with your favorite nuts for a fruity and nutty twist.
- Cookies and Cream Fudge: Crush chocolate sandwich cookies and fold them into your fudge for a cookies-and-cream-inspired treat.
How to Make Sweetened Condensed Milk Fudge
Step 1 – Combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk – Place chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the chocolate chips and stir together.
Step 2 – Microwave – Place your bowl in the microwave and cook for 1 minute. Stir well and continue microwaving for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until the chocolate if fully melted and smooth. This should take approximately 3-5 minutes.
Step 3 – Add nuts – Add the chopped nuts and stir them in.
Step 4 – Pour fudge – Pour the chocolate fudge into a parchment paper lined 9×13-inch baking dish and smooth out the top with a spatula.
Step 5 – Let cool and serve – Let the fudge cool completely then cut into bite-sized pieces and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
This fudge sets very quickly. As soon as it starts to cool it begins to firm up. That is why it is important to immediately stir in your nuts and then pour the mixture into your pan. You don’t want it to start to firm up before you have it in the pan and smoothed out.
Microwave fudge is usually fully set within 1 hour.
Stored in an airtight container, it will last 1 – 2 weeks. Make sure to keep it as cool as possible. It doesn’t need to be stored in the fridge, but it will start to melt if it gets too warm.
Yes! Stored in the freezer in an airtight container, your fudge should last 2 to 3 months.
Make sure you thaw your fudge outside of its container, so condensation doesn’t form.
How to Store It
You can store your fudge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. It doesn’t have to be stored in the refrigerator but try to keep it cool or at least room temperature. Don’t place it near a stove or in the path of a heating vent. It will melt if it gets too warm.
Looking for More Homemade Candy Recipes?
- Rolo pecan bites
- Dark chocolate cherry truffles
- Homemade peppermint bark
- Reindeer chocolate bark
- Candied nuts
- More Candy Recipes…
Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- 28 ounces Chocolate Chips
- 2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups Nuts, roughly chopped
- Place chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the chocolate chips and stir together.
- Place in the microwave and cook initially for 1 minutes then stir well and continue microwaving for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until the chocolate if fully melted and smooth. Approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped nuts and stir them in.
- Pour the chocolate fudge into a parchment paper lined 9×13 inch baking dish and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Let the fudge cool completely.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces and enjoy!