BBQ Jackfruit Sliders
This post is sponsored by Michelob ULTRA but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
BBQ Jackfruit Sliders are a vegan slider recipe made with jackfruit and your favorite BBQ sauce. It’s an easy slider recipe that makes the perfect vegan appetizer for backyard BBQs
This year we’re having a quiet Father’s Day. No big party, just an afternoon with all of us together. My husband got a new grill as an early Father’s Day present so we’ll be grilling out and enjoying the warm weather. Over the last year he has been working hard to get in shape. It isn’t always easy, between long days at the office and busy nights and weekends with the family it’s hard to eat right and find time to work out, but he has been doing an amazing job.
To celebrate him as an amazing father, and an equally amazing partner, and to show him how much I appreciate him and everything he does for our family I’ve planned a few treats for him. First up, Michelob ULTRA! Every awesome dad deserves to enjoy a cold beer on Father’s Day and just because he’s working on being healthier and happier he shouldn’t have to miss out. Michelob ULTRA is a premium, light, and refreshing beer that is only 95 calories and 2.6 carbs so he can maintain that balance between fun and being healthy.
To go with that ice cold Michelob ULTRA I’m making these awesome BBQ Jackfruit Sliders. My hubby and I love trying out the latest fad and experimenting with new foods, it’s our “thing”. Recently we’ve been seeing all of these articles about Jackfruit and all of the things you can make with it so surprising him with some on Father’s Day is perfect.
The texture of jackfruit makes it a great meat substitute, and it contains no saturated fat or cholesterol, it’s light in sodium, and is also low in calories. I started out looking for a whole jackfruit but they are HUGE, and heavy, so I went with canned jackfruit instead. If couldn’t be any easier to make. You toss the fruit in BBQ seasoning and then saute it in a little olive oil for 3-4 minutes until it is warmed through. Then add your favorite BBQ sauce. Place it on a slider bun with some avocado coleslaw and you have BBQ Jackfruit Sliders. Serve to your favorite dad with a cold Michelob ULTRA and you have the ultimate Father’s Day meal.
Tips for making BBQ Jackfruit Sliders:
- Make sure you get the green jackfruit (firmer and stringier) and not the sweeter mature jackfruit.
- If you use canned jackfruit make sure it isn’t in syrup (you don’t want it to be sweet). If it is in brine that is ok just make sure to add less salt to the dry rub.
- Use two forks to pull the jackfruit apart making it stringy like pulled pork.
- Add your favorite BBQ sauce, homemade or store bought, and enjoy!
Celebrate the fathers in your life with good food, good friends and a cold Michelob ULTRA this Father’s Day!
BBQ JACKFRUIT SLIDERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Appetizer board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
BBQ Jackfruit Sliders
- Drain the canned jackfruit, pat dry, and place it in a bowl.
- Toss the jackfruit in the dry rub and add it to a hot skillet sauteing for 3-5 minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce and ½ cup of water. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once the jackfruit has finished cooking and the sauce has reduced and coats everything use two forks to pull the jackfruit apart into strands that look like pulled pork.
- Place the BBQ jackfruit on slider buns and enjoy!