Fresh Cranberry Salsa
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Fresh Cranberry Salsa is an easy holiday appetizer that is a little sweet, and a little spicy. Perfect for serving at holiday parties with crisp tortilla chips!
Fresh Cranberry Salsa
The holidays mean lots of celebrations with friends and family and this Fresh Cranberry Salsa is one of my favorite easy holiday appetizers. You can make it ahead of time and when guests arrive, you can easily pull it out of the refrigerator and serve it with crispy Mission® Strips Tortilla Chips. It’s a sweet and spicy, holiday twist on traditional chips and salsa.
I’m so excited about the holidays this year because my whole family is going to be together to celebrate. One of our family traditions is to break out the board games at night. After we’ve cleaned up from dinner and the kids are tucked in bed, my mom brings out the chips and salsa and we all gather around the dining room table to play games. We’re pretty competitive! You’ve never seen someone take a board game so seriously, but we laugh so hard our sides hurt, and it is one of my favorite things about being together during the holidays.
Game nights always involve chips and salsa. It’s an unwritten rule in my family. All of us LOVE chips and salsa, and during the holidays, we give it a little holiday twist with fresh cranberries and spicy jalapeños. Mission Strips Tortilla Chips are a family favorite. They are lightly salted and perfectly crisp. We like to eat them straight out of the bag, but they are also the perfect shape for dipping! Add a big scoop of the sweet and spicy salsa and you’ve got the BEST holiday snack!
What You Will Need to Make Fresh Cranberry Salsa:
- Mission Strips Tortilla Chips – Fresh Cranberry Salsa requires some amazing tortilla chips to scoop it all up, and Mission Strips Tortilla Chips are my favorite! They are made with just four simple ingredients including sea salt, and they are certified gluten-free. They also have no artificial flavors or colors which makes me very happy! They are perfect for feeding a crowd. Use the store locator HERE to find them at a store near you.
- Fresh Cranberries – These tart berries are used throughout the holidays and they are the star of this salsa. You’ll add a little sugar to them to help sweeten them up before mixing with your spicy ingredients.
- Jalapeños – You tone down the spiciness of these hot peppers by removing the white ribs and seeds. They add the perfect amount of heat to the sweetened cranberries.
- Cilantro & Green Onions – Cilantro is a must for any salsa and paired with the green onions, they add a burst of fresh flavor.
- Orange & Lime Juice – The addition of citrus brightens the whole dish and brings all of the flavors of the salsa together!
How to Make Fresh Cranberry Salsa:
- Add cranberries to your food processor and pulse until they are diced into small pieces. Don’t puree them. You want to have some little pieces of cranberries to maintain that salsa texture.
- Sprinkle cranberries with sugar and stir together.
- Add finely diced jalapeños, cilantro, green onions, orange juice, and lime juice. Stir until fully mixed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors combine.
- Serve with Mission Strips Tortilla Chips.
Check out the Mission website for more easy recipe ideas for this holiday season!
The best thing about this salsa is that you can make it the night before then when the board games come out the chips and salsa come with it and it’s game on! What holiday traditions do you look forward to during the holidays? Tell us in the comments!
FRESH CRANBERRY SALSA
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Appetizer board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Fresh Cranberry Salsa
- 1 bag Mission® Strips Tortilla Chips
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 jalapeños, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Add cranberries to your food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Do not puree you want to have small pieces of cranberry.
- Place the chopped cranberries in a bowl and add the sugar, stirring to combine.
- Add jalapenos, cilantro, green onions, orange juice, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors combine.
- Serve with Mission Strips Tortilla Chips and enjoy!