Sausage Stuffing Balls
Sausage Stuffing Balls are an easy appetizer with all of the flavors of the season. Cheese, sausage, bacon, and stuffing are rolled together for one perfect bite!
This stuffing ball recipe is a delicious holiday spin on a traditional sausage balls recipe made with biscuit mix.
This version takes your favorite Thanksgiving stuffing and combines it with sausage, bacon (because why not?), and cheese and bakes them into little balls of awesomeness.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any stuffing you like. I love it with my apple pecan stuffing or southern cornbread dressing but you can also grab a box of Stovetop stuffing and use that.
I swear I’ve never made a version that wasn’t delicious!
You only need 4 simple ingredients for this recipe for stuffing balls.
- Breakfast Sausage – You’ll use a ground breakfast sausage for this recipe. We usually use Jimmy Dean sausage but any breakfast sausage will do as long as it is uncooked and ground.
- Bacon – Everything is better with bacon, right? Fry up a few slices to add to your sausage balls.
- Stuffing– These sausage balls can be made with any stuffing. I like to freeze my leftover Apple Pecan Stuffing from Thanksgiving to use to make my Stuffing Sausage Balls. If you don’t have leftovers, you can also use store-bought stuffing. The stuffing will be completely cooked before adding it to the sausage ball mixture.
- Cheddar Cheese– Everything is better with cheese and these sausage balls are no different. It also helps to bind the sausage balls together.
Step 1 – Prep. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2 – Cook the bacon. You’ll be adding cooked bacon to your uncooked sausage. Our pro tip is to cook all of your bacon at the same time by cooking it in the oven! Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes. When you’re done, remove your bacon and let the grease cool on the aluminum foil. Once it solidifies, roll up the foil and throw it away. Easy!
Step 3 – Make the sausage balls. Combine the sausage, fully cooked bacon, fully cooked stuffing, and cheese in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. Roll into balls; approximately 1 heaping tablespoon each. Place sausage balls on prepared baking sheet.
Step 4 – Bake. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
Can You Make Them Ahead of Time?
Yes! These stuffing balls are so amazing because they not only taste great, but they can also be made ahead of time and frozen.
How to Freeze – Following the recipe instructions combine all of your ingredients in a bowl and roll the mixture into balls and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Then, instead of putting the baking sheet in the oven, place it in the freezer. Let the sausage balls partially freeze (about 30 minutes) and then remove them from the baking sheet and place them in an airtight container. Leave them in the freezer until you are ready to bake them.
When you’re ready to bake them, place them on a lined baking sheet and then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
A Great Way To Use Thanksgiving Leftovers!
I make a big batch of these right after Thanksgiving (using my leftover stuffing!) and then freeze them. Then I can just pull them out of the freezer to bake them for the smaller parties, and fun, casual nights celebrating with friends during the rest of the holidays.
They are always a hit, and they save me so much time, which means I can spend more time enjoying myself!
Looking for More Easy Appetizers?
- Italian Antipasto Skewers
- Quick and Easy Antipasto Skewers
- Fresh Cranberry Salsa
- Cranberry Goat Cheese Log
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Quick and Easy Crab Balls
- More Appetizer Recipes…
Sausage Stuffing Balls
- 1 pound Ground breakfast sausage
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked and diced
- 6 ounces Stuffing, if using a boxed stuffing cook according to directions
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine sausage, cooked bacon, cooked stuffing, and cheese in a large bowl. Mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into balls, approximately 1 heaping tablespoon each. Make sure to pack the balls tightly so they hold together as they bake.
- Place sausage balls on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.