This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
Stuffing Sausage Balls are an easy appetizer with all of the flavors of the season. Cheese, sausage, bacon, and stuffing are rolled together for one perfect bite!
Stuffing Sausage Balls
The holidays have a lot of big family meals where everyone gets together and celebrates, and I love that, but what I look forward to the most are the small little gatherings that take place between the big events. The little gatherings of friends where we play games, exchange gifts, and eat simple finger foods, like these amazing Stuffing Sausage Balls.
The big events during the holidays are so much fun, but they can be kind of stressful, so for these smaller get-togethers I try to keep it simple. I serve bite-sized appetizers that are quick and easy to make like my Stuffing Sausage Balls. I can buy all of my ingredients on my weekly trip to Giant Foods and the recipe uses a few simple hacks that take all of the pressure off of me. Not to mention they are totally delicious!!
What You’ll Need to Make Stuffing Sausage Balls:
- Jimmy Dean®Refrigerated – Roll Sausage – This sausage is perfect for breakfast, appetizers, and main dishes. It’s fresh, high-quality pork sausage made with a unique, savory blend of Jimmy Dean® signature spices. You can find it in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
- Wright®Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon – You know by now how much I LOVE bacon and this is thick cut, hand-trimmed, with a great wood smoked flavor. You’ll also find this in the refrigerated aisles of your grocery store.
- Stuffing– These sausage balls can be made with any stuffing. I like to freeze my leftover Apple Pecan Stuffing from Thanksgiving to use to make my Stuffing Sausage Balls. If you don’t have leftovers, you can also use store-bought stuffing. The stuffing will be completely cooked before adding it to the sausage ball mixture.
- Cheddar Cheese– Everything is better with cheese and these sausage balls are no different. It also helps to bind the sausage balls together.
How to Make Stuffing Sausage Balls:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the Wright®Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon. Tip: Cook all of your bacon at the same time by cooking it in the oven! Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes. When you’re done, remove your bacon and let the grease cool on the aluminum foil. Once it solidifies, roll up the foil and throw it away. Easy!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the Jimmy Dean®Refrigerated – Roll Sausage, fully cooked bacon, fully cooked stuffing, and cheese in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into balls; approximately 1 heaping tablespoon each.
- Place sausage balls on prepared baking sheet. Brush sausage balls with olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
Can You Make Stuffing Sausage Balls Ahead of Time?
Yes! These Stuffing Sausage Balls are so amazing because they not only taste great, but they can also be made ahead of time and frozen. Following the recipe instructions combine all of your ingredients in a bowl and roll the mixture into balls. Then, instead of putting the baking sheet in the oven, place it in the freezer. Let the sausage balls partially freeze (about 30 minutes) and then remove them from the baking sheet and place them in an airtight container. Leave them in the freezer until you are ready to bake them. To bake them, place them on a lined baking sheet, brush with olive oil, and then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
I make a big batch of these Stuffing Sausage Balls right after Thanksgiving (using my leftover stuffing!) and pull them out of the freezer to bake them for the smaller parties, and fun, casual nights celebrating with friends during the holidays. They are always a hit, and they save me so much time, which means I can spend more time enjoying myself!
Looking for more easy recipe hacks? Check out the “Made with Love Holiday Collection!”
STUFFING SAUSAGE BALLS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Appetizer board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean Refrigerated - Roll Sausage
- 8 slices Wright Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon cooked and diced
- 6 ounces Stuffing cooked
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine sausage, cooked bacon, stuffing, and cheese in a large bowl. Mixing until thoroughly combined.
Roll into balls, approximately 1 heaping tablespoon each.
Place sausage balls on prepared baking sheet. Brush sausage balls with olive oil.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.