Beer Brat Sliders
Beer Brat Sliders are an easy slider recipe made with beer infused grilled bratwurst served on a pretzel bun with beer braised onions and cheddar cheese.
It’s grilling season! That means most of my meals from now until the end of summer are going to be cooked on the grill. There isn’t much that isn’t better cooked on the grill, veggies, steak, chicken, pork…but brats, or bratwurst if you want to use the proper name, are always at the top of my list. Sure burgers are good, and hot dogs are nice, but brats are the best. If I’m grilling for a party you can bet they are going to be on the menu and this year I’m taking them to the next level with these Beer Brat Sliders. Delicious, juicy bratwurst served on a pretzel bun with beer braised onions, bell peppers, cheddar cheese and a little whole grain mustard…my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield®. The opinions and text are all mine.
My Beer Brat Sliders were inspired by Smithfield®’s Yuengling® Lager Beer Brats brought to you by Smithfield® Craft Collection™. I found them in the meat case at Kroger and I was instantly excited. I even had a COUPON to save $1.00 for the purchase of ONE Smithfield Yuengling Bratwurst, 19 oz. Bonus!
Yuengling and Smithfield are a match made in heaven. Yuengling is America’s oldest brewery (located in Pottsville, PA) and Smithfield (located in Smithfield, VA) is the ham capital of the world. They come from towns grounded in tradition and they take pride in their heritage. Both have a deep appreciation for quality, flavor, and family. Nothing goes together better than beer and brats and Smithfield has teamed up with Yuengling to bring the two together in their Smithfield’s Yuengling Brats. If you haven’t had a Yuengling Lager, I suggest you grab some for your next party.
Yuengling Lager is Yuengling’s flagship beer and it has a rich amber color and the subtle sweetness of roasted caramel. It’s perfect for pairing it with Beer Brat Sliders…or just about anything else you grill up!
The Smithfield’s Yuengling Brats themselves are made from premium cuts of pork and a special blend of spices (no MSG!) and the flavor is amazing. I grill them until they are plump with beautiful grill marks. Then I slice each brat in half and put them on pretzel buns with a slice of cheddar cheese.
While the brats are being grilled to perfection I toss some onions in a skillet and cook them with a little Yuengling Lager. Then I set them aside and add some red and green bell peppers to the pan, cooking them until they soften. Those tasty onions and peppers go on top of the brats and cheese on the pretzel bun and then each one gets a smear of whole grain mustard before pressing the top bun into place. That and a frosty bottle of Yuengling and you’ve got yourself the perfect summer pairing!
Beer Brat Sliders
- 38 oz Smithfield Yuengling Brats.
- 10 Pretzel rolls
- 5 slices Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 11 oz Bell peppers, , sliced (about 2 peppers)
- 16 oz Yellow onion, , thinly sliced (about 2 mediums)
- ½ c Yuengling Traditional Lager
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Whole grain mustard
- Grill brats on med-high heat for about 20 mins or until cooked through.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in beer and cook for additional 5- 10 mins or until liquid is gone.
- Remove onions from skillet.
- In the same skillet add the peppers and 1 tablespoon of butter and saute until tender, about 10 mins.
- Cut the cheddar cheese slices in half and place half a cheese slice on the bottom half of each pretzel roll.
- Cut a brat in half place both pieces on the cheese. Top with onions and peppers.
- Spread mustard on top bun and place it on the brat.
The next time you’re in Kroger or one of their banner stores including, Food4Less, Ralphs, and Dillon, make sure you pick up a case of Yuengling Lager and a pack or two of Smithfield Yuengling Brats. The combination is sure to keep the party going all summer long.
Don’t forget your COUPON! You can save $1.00 when you purchase ONE Smithfield Yuengling Bratwurst, 19 oz.