Short Rib Sliders
These Short Rib Sliders sandwich tender braised short ribs between two slider buns for the ultimate football food for parties!
These amazing Short Rib Sliders combine two of my favorite foods, sliders (yep that’s a whole food group!) and braised short ribs. I’ve shared my recipe for braised short ribs before and you know Melinda and I are always coming up with easy slider recipes it was about time that we brought the two together to create an easy party appetizer that my be one of the best football food ideas I’ve had yet!
Braised short ribs are a labor of love. They aren’t difficult but they need to cook low and slow so you’re forced to sit in a house filled with the most heavenly smell filling the air. I won’t lie, it’s torture but so, SO, worth it :). Since they do take awhile to cook when I make braised short ribs I make a big batch. Short ribs are one of those recipes that only gets better as it sits so a day or two later they are even better! You can heat them up and serve them for dinner again or you can shred up the meat and make these Short Rib Sliders. If you’ve ever had a pot roast sandwich they are a lot like that, only better, because braised short ribs take chuck roast to a whole new level.
Short Rib Sliders start with a layer of cheddar cheese placed on the bottom half of your slider rolls. Next comes the pulled short rib meat, and then place the top buns on, brush them with a little melted butter and bake them until the cheese melts. While they bake make a quick coleslaw using shredded red cabbage, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. When the sliders come out of the oven remove the top bun, place the slaw on the meat, put the bun back on and you’re ready to eat.
Short Rib Sliders
- 12 Slider Buns
- 1 lb Braised Short Rib Meat, , shredded
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter, , melted
- 2 c Red Cabbage, , shredded
- 1/2 c Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Separate the tops and bottoms of your rolls and place the bottoms in an 11" x 7" casserole dish.
- Place cheddar cheese on bottom buns.
- Top cheese with shredded short rib meat.
- Place top buns on sliders and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- While sliders bake mix mayonnaise and cabbage together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Take sliders out of oven and remove top bun. Top with coleslaw and replace bun.
If you’re looking for some awesome football food ideas make sure to check out some of our other sliders!