Butterfinger S’mores Bars
This post has been sponsored by Butterfinger. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
These easy Butterfinger S’mores Bars are crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery dessert bars made with Butterfinger Minis; rich, chocolate marshmallow fudge; and a perfectly baked graham cracker crust.
Butterfinger S’mores Bars
Does it really get any better than s’mores? Chocolate, marshmallows, graham crackers—it’s the perfect combination. Until now! We’ve improved on that perfection with the addition of Butterfinger. The crispety, crunchety texture and the chocolate peanut-buttery flavor takes traditional s’mores to the next level.
We’ve even made them into s’mores bars so you don’t need a campfire to enjoy your favorite chocolate marshmallow treat. A perfectly baked graham cracker crust makes the bottom layer; followed by a layer of soft, fudgy chocolate with marshmallows; and is finished with a layer of chopped Butterfinger Minis.
What is in Butterfinger S’mores Bars?
- Butterfinger Minis – Did you know that Butterfinger has improved its recipe? These delicious bites of peanut-buttery goodness have an improved texture, an increased peanut quality, and no hydrogenated fats. They even have new packaging that locks in the freshness and flavor. Butterfinger Minis are the perfect size for snacking on while you bake…I mean, for baking with! 😉 Don’t forget to grab a COUPON!
- Chocolate Chips – I prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips for this, but you can also use dark chocolate.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – This is a super sweetened milk that is then cooked down into a condensed form that is smooth, creamy and totally decadent.
- Marshmallows – Purchase the regular size marshmallows for this. They are the perfect size for the s’mores bars.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – You can place whole graham crackers in a food processor and make your own or, if you’re like me and want to save time, you can purchase graham cracker crumbs in the baking aisle.
- Sugar – This is added to the graham cracker crust to sweeten it and to help it bind together.
- Butter – This is also added to the crust. Make sure to use unsalted butter!
How to Make Butterfinger S’mores Bars:
Step 1: Make your graham cracker crust.
To do this, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl. Stir it together until the graham cracker crumbs are evenly moistened by the butter. Place the mixture in the bottom of your 9×13 baking pan and firmly press them into an even layer.
TIP: Packing the crust down well is the key to having a nice, firm crust at the end. I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup to get my crust nice and evenly packed.
Bake for 10 minutes until the edges begin to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Step 2: Make your chocolate and marshmallow fudge.
That’s right, I said fudge! I used my microwave fudge recipe to make the filling for these s’mores bars, and OMG is it good! Just combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave-safe dish, and then microwave for about 3 minutes. Stir until everything is melted and smooth. If you need to microwave it for a little longer, just do it 1 minute at a time until you have a smooth chocolate fudge.
It wouldn’t be a s’mores without marshmallows! Add 2 cups of marshmallows and fold them into the fudge.
Step 3: Make a layer of chocolate marshmallow fudge
Once your marshmallow fudge is ready, pour it over your cooled graham cracker crust and spread it evenly. Make sure it goes all the way to the edge!
Step 4: Top with Butterfinger Minis
To take those s’mores bars to the next level, top the fudge with chopped Butterfinger Minis. Leave some big chunks mixed in with the crushed bits. It adds just the right amount of crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery flavor to those bars.
Press the Butterfinger pieces down firmly into the fudge, and then place the whole pan in the refrigerator to chill for about an hour.
Put the bars in the fridge to chill so that they are easier to cut, remove them from the refrigerator and cut into squares. I like to cut mine into small, bite-size squares. That way I can eat one or two without feeling guilty ;).
Learn more about Butterfinger Minis and
get a COUPON so you can make a batch of Butterfinger S’mores Bars
Butterfingers S'mores Bars
- 30 bars Butterfinger Minis, chopped
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 28 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour melted butter into bowl and stir together until the graham cracker crumbs are evenly moistened by the butter.
- Firmly press the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan to create an even layer. Make sure to pack the crust down tightly to ensure a firm crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the edges are lightly brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Place in microwave and heat for 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth. If needed you can continue to microwave for 1 minute at a time, stirring in between, until all of the chocolate is melted.
- Add 2 cups of marshmallows to the chocolate and gently fold them in.
- Pour the fudge over the graham cracker crust and spread out to make an even layer.
- Top with roughly chopped Butterfinger Minis pressing them down firmly into the fudge.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for 1 hour.
- Cut and serve.