Easter Candy Blondies
This Easter Candy Blondie recipe makes a great Easter dessert recipe or the perfect way to use up that leftover Easter candy.
Do you know what April 8th is?! Peeps Day!! If you’re a fan of Peeps then this is your time of year. I know they make Peeps for all different seasons now but Easter will always be their holiday. Don’t you think? Soon the Easter bunny will be making his rounds and we’re all going to be left with Easter baskets overflowing with all sorts of chocolate goodies, jelly beans, and marshmallow bunnies and chicks. I think I love it as much as the kids do but I can’t have it hanging around the house too long so after about a week it’s all got to go. Just like my Halloween witches brew brownies the kids and I have a little bit of fun mixing up a big batch of blondies and then dropping in all of our favorite Easter candy and baking it up into a delicious dessert.
Looks pretty amazing right? These Easter candy blondies may be my favorite part of Easter…I mean other than the carrot cake cinnamon rolls, and the loaded au gratin potatoes, and the shrimp cocktail stuffed eggs…Ok, maybe I just love to eat ;). They are delicious though! You use your favorite Easter candy so yours may be different than mine but I am all about peanut butter eggs, malted milk eggs, and of course Easter Peeps. There is just something about a melted marshmallow that makes everything better. Just a note, you’ll want to put the peeps on about 5 minutes before the blondies are done baking. You don’t want them to burn…unless you’re one of those people who love burned marshmallows in which case bake away.
Whether you make this for Easter dessert, just raid the kids’ Easter baskets, or use it as an excuse to clear the leftover Easter candy out of the house, this Easter Candy Blondies recipe is going to be an instant hit.
Easter Candy Blondies
- 2 1/4 c . All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp . Baking soda
- 1 tsp . Salt
- 1 c ., (2 sticks) Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c . packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp . Vanilla extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 c . white Chocolate Chips
- Your favorite Easter candy
- 6-8 Peeps
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and brown sugar mixing until smooth.
- Add vanilla to the butter mixture and then the eggs one at a time mixing until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour to the butter mixture mixing the whole time.
- Stir in the chocolate chips & misc candy.
- Spread the mixture into a prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- minutes before you remove the blondies from the oven press the Peeps into the surface and continue baking for 5 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
If you’re looking for other fun ways to use Peeps in Easter desserts check out our Easter S’mores Skillet.