Frosted Cashew Cookies
These Frosted Cashew Cookies are filled with crunchy cashews and topped with a sweet buttercream frosting. This is a Christmas cookie recipe no one can resist!
Frosted Cashew Cookie
These Frosted Cashew Cookies are decadent. Soft, chewy cookies filled with cashews, and covered in a buttercream frosting (with a few more cashews sprinkled on for good measure). What more could a girl ask for?
This post contains affiliate links. That means that we may be compensated if you click a link and purchase something. Thank you!
We can’t take the credit for dreaming these up. This year we are participating in a Cookie Recipe Swap with some of our fellow bloggers. Usually when you have a cookie exchange you bake dozens of cookies and trade them with your friends, along with your recipes. We can’t do that with our blogger friends because we’re spread out across the country, and who wants to mail out 10 dozen cookies? Not me! Though I wouldn’t mind receiving 10 dozen cookies… Anyways, to get around this our super-talented friend Julie, from Bread Booze Bacon organized a Cookie Recipe Swap. Instead of mailing off cookies everyone participating exchanged a recipe with the person they were paired up with. Each blogger made the recipe that they were given and we’re all sharing our cookies on our blogs today. Fun right?!
We were paired with Melanie from Garnish and Glaze. If you don’t already read her blog you should start. Her pictures are drool-worthy and her recipes are delish! If you don’t believe me just look at these cookies. Yum! These cookies are so good that you can even skip the frosting if you really want to…but the idea of skipping frosting, on anything, is crazy talk so just ignore me.
FROSTED CASHEW COOKIE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your NAME board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Frosted Cashew Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salted cashews, roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Alternate between mixing in the dry ingredients and the sour cream. When combined, fold in the cashews with a spatula.
- Use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop to spoon onto the baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool for 2-3 minutes on the pan and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from heat and pour into a mixing bowl. Let it cool for about 5 minutes and then whisk in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk, beating until smooth. Frost over the tops of cooled cookies.
These cookies were awesome and I’m so glad that Melanie shared them with us. Make sure you visit her blog and see the cookie recipe we gave her. Hint: It involved caramel and chocolate!