How to Make Cinnamon Coffee
Cinnamon Coffee is a combination of coffee and warm cinnamon spice. It’s the perfect way to start your day!
Coffee is a big part of my every day routine and this simple Cinnamon Coffee gives me a little extra flavor, and maybe even a few health benefits, without adding lots of sugar which equals carbs and calories.
Cinnamon is a warm spice that immediately makes me think of all things fall, and warm toasty winter days cuddled up in front of the fireplace. It’s also a delicious addition to a cup of coffee.
The simple spice brings out the sweetness of a rich, smooth cup of coffee. Add just a little brown sugar (or brown sugar substitute) instead of the usual white sugar, and you have the perfect start to any fall or winter morning, or an amazing ending to a holiday dinner.
What are the Health Benefits of Cinnamon?
- It is full of antioxidants which can have an anti-inflammatory effect on your body.
- It has also been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease because it reduces “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides while leaving the “good” cholesterol alone.
- It can increase insulin sensitivity which helps combat insulin resistance.
- It also has antifungal and antibacterial properties, which may reduce infections and help fight tooth decay and bad breath.
Tips for making Cinnamon Coffee:
- Cinnamon is a strong spice so you only need a little. I use a ratio of 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon (just a pinch) to 1 cup of coffee.
- Another easy way to add cinnamon to your coffee is to use a cinnamon stick to stir your coffee. I love doing this for holiday dinner parties, or just a quick treat in the mornings. Make sure you have fresh cinnamon sticks so the flavor will quickly infuse into the coffee.
- Switch out your standard white sugar for light brown sugar. The brown sugar + cinnamon gives your coffee a wonderful, warm fall flavor that doesn’t overpower the natural flavor of the coffee.
- Make fresh whipped cream and add a spoonful to your coffee with a little sprinkle of cinnamon on top. When I’m serving large groups I use a can of whipped cream so they can add a little bit to their coffee.
Try something new this week and sprinkle a little cinnamon in your morning cup of coffee!
- 1 cup Coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon, powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon Light brown sugar, more or less to taste
- Whipped cream, optional
- Brew the Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend K-Cup according to package instructions.
- Stir cinnamon and brown sugar into the coffee. Add whipped cream if desired.