Low Carb Nachos
Low Carb Nachos are an easy low carb snack filled with chopped steak, lots of gooey, melted cheese, and fresh jalapenos, all baked into mini peppers. It’s the perfect low carb snack for game day!
Low Carb Nachos
If you’re looking for a low carb recipe for game day or just a low carb snack idea these Low Carb Nachos are going to make your day! We’re talking about mounds of meat and cheese on top of crisp mini peppers. You can top your nachos with all of your favorite low carb nacho toppings like jalapenos, salsa (just pay attention because some have a lot of added sugar!), avocados, and of course sour cream!
LOW CARB NACHOS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Low Carb Recipes board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
The thing about these Low Carb Nachos is you can make them however you want. Chicken, beef, pork, or vegetarian. You can choose your own toppings and make them just like your favorite nachos. We used chopped up steak for ours. The meat was diced up and then sprinkled over the pepper halves. Next comes the cheese. I don’t know about you but I say the more cheese the better! We used a Mexican cheese blend but you can use pepper jack, colby, or good old cheddar cheese.
If you like things spicy you can throw a few jalapenos on before you put your Low Carb Nachos in the oven. Broil them for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted and then take them out of the oven. Then it’s time for the finishing touches. Sour cream, salsa, avocados, tomatoes, anything your heart desires…that’s low carb of course 🙂 Make these for a snack while you watch the game with friends or just an easy weeknight dinner when you want to all of the meat and cheese goodness of nachos without the chips!
Tips for making Low Carb Nachos:
- Lightly salt the inside of your mini peppers to help bring out their flavor.
- Place your mini peppers close together on the sheet pan, they will shrink slightly as they cook and this will make it easier to fill the peppers with meat and cheese instead of having it all fall through onto the pan.
- Prep the peppers, meat, and cheese the night before. Then you can just throw them all together and cook for 5 minutes and dinner is served!
Want more low carb recipes?
Low Carb Nachos
- 20 Mini Sweet Peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 pound Ground Beef, steak, chicken, or pork, cooked
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced
- Toppings such as avocado, tomatoes, sour cream
- In a skillet cook your preferred meat adding cumin, chili powder, and salt as it cooks.
- Place mini sweet pepper halves on a sheet pan.
- Sprinkle cooked meat over mini peppers trying to keep it in the peppers so it doesn't fall through to the pan.
- Cover mini peppers with shredded cheese and jalapeno slices.
- Place in oven set to BROIL for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Add any low carb nacho toppings you like.
These look awesome!
Hi. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks amazing! One question though. What other veggies can I substitute instead of peppers? Thanks.
You could use yellow squash or zucchini.
This recipe saved my whole week. Was about to give up on low carb. Gonna give it another try now.
So glad it helped! Stick with the low carb, it’s not always easy but it’s totally worth it.
Do you cook the peppers a bit first before filling them?
No, we didn’t cook the peppers before stuffing them. We wanted them to have a little bit of crunch after baking.
What online app do you use to generate the nutrition values?
Hi Alison, we use the https://spoonacular.com/food-api to generate our nutritional values.
This is genius!! I’ve been so hungry for nachos since going low carb and it never occurred to me that peppers would be a great way to make chip-less nachos. So fun!
My lunch meal prep for the week. This is delish and quick. Love it!
This is a KEEPER!! Absolutely delicious!!
Do you broil on high or low?
I always broil on high but you can broil on low if you prefer. Just keep and eye on it and watch for when the cheese is melted and bubbly.
These peppers are keto limited 1 pound of these is 18 carbs , lower your carbs by using green bell peppers