Air Fryer Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks
This post was sponsored by Philips Kitchen Appliances as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks are made with string cheese coated in a crispy, flavorful coating of Parmesan and almond flour and fried to ooey, gooey, cheesy perfection in less than 30 minutes!
Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks
Game day can be a little tough when you’re eating low carb. There is all of that amazing game day food and almost all of it is dipped or wrapped with carbs. One of the things I miss most is mozzarella sticks and these Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks are everything I love about mozzarella sticks without all of the carbs.
LOW CARB MOZZARELLA STICKS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Low Carb Recipes board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
What makes a mozzarella stick so awesome is all of that perfectly melted ooey, gooey, cheese inside of a crispy outer crust. The problem is crust is all carbs. So, instead of the usual flour mixture I substituted almond flour and Parmesan cheese. I wanted to get them crisped up without turning into a big melted mess so frying was the best option, but I have to tell you guys while I like to eat fried stuff I don’t like to make it. Filling a pot with oil, dealing with all of the splatter, and the smell, then figuring out what to do with all of that oil after….it’s what keeps me from frying things. Enter my new Philips AirFryer.
Guys, this thing is amazing! It uses no oil so there was no fried oil smell in the house, and it was so simple to clean. I “breaded” my Low Carb Mozzarella sticks in a mixture of Parmesan cheese, almond flour, and spices, then I placed them in the freezer for about 30 minutes to help them hold their shape during the frying process. When they were ready to go I put about 10 in the Philips AirFryer. Then I just switched it on and they started to cook. No warm up necessary! The Philips AirFryer has the latest TurboStar technology which circulates air around the entire unit, heating up to 400 degrees to ensure everything is cooked evenly and quickly. It’s the healthiest way to fry because the Twin TurboStar Technology actually removes fat from the food you cook, reducing it by 75%!
In 5 minutes my Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks came out of the Philips AirFryer, crisp, perfectly melted, and ready to be eaten. I love how quickly they cook because that means I can make several batches in just a few minutes and I don’t have to miss the Big Game!
Tips for making Air Fryer Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks:
- Once you have coated the mozzarella sticks place them in a resealable container and place them in the freeze for 30 minutes. This helps keep them from bursting as they fry.
- The Philips AirFryer retains some of its heat for awhile so if you are making multiple batches you’ll want to lower the time a little as you go on. We started at 5 minutes for our first batch and then went down to 4 minutes after that.
- Let the low carb mozzarella sticks cool for about a minute in the air fryer basket before removing them. This will help them keep their shape.
- These do heat up quick in the microwave (less then 5 seconds in mine!) so if you can re-heat them if the Big Game goes into overtime ;).
Looking for More Easy Air Fryer Recipes?
Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks
- In a bowl combine almond flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs.
- One at a time coat your mozzarella stick halves in egg and then toss in the coating mixture. As you finish place them in a resealable container. If you have to make more than 1 layer place parchment paper between the layers of mozzarella sticks.
- Freeze mozzarella sticks for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and place in Philips AirFryer.
- Set to 400 degrees F and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open air fryer and let stand for 1 minute before moving low carb mozzarella sticks to a plate.