Low Carb Taco Bites
These Low Carb Taco Cups are an easy low carb recipe that can be a low carb appetizer for Christmas or New Year’s!
You know what is really hard during the holidays? Staying on a diet! I do my best to stick to eating low carb year round but during the holidays all of that flies out the window. There are so many holiday parties and appetizers and desserts that are impossible to resist but, for those of you who have more willpower than I do I wanted to give you a low carb appetizer option. Say hello to Low Carb Taco Cups.
I’m going to give you a minute to take it all in. These Low Carb Taco Cups are amazing! The shell is made completely from toasted cheddar cheese just like our Low Carb Tacos and I think they are even easier to make. Low Carb Tacos have to hang over something to let them harden into a taco shell shape but to make these tasty cheese cups you just press the baked cheese into a mini muffin tin and let it cool. Then you fill the shells with seasoned taco meat, a little pico de gallo, and a dollop of sour cream. It’s the ultimate low carb appetizer! Of course you don’t have to limit yourself to making these as appetizers, you could whip up some for lunch or make them into dinner. They are a low carb recipe for all occasions :).
When I served these recently I made them the night before and stored them in an airtight container. I also made the taco meat ahead of time and just warmed it up slightly in the microwave before spooning it into the cheese cups. A word of advice, make sure you drain your meat really well because these low carb taco cups do have lots of little holes in them! I learned that lesson the hard way ;).
Sausage Pinwheels Recipe from Bread Booze Bacon
Cheesy Havarti Hot Spinach Dip from Kleinworth & Co.
Puff Pastry Chorizo Rolls from Cooking with Curls
Apple Cranberry Baked Brie from Sugar & Soul
Cranberry Pistachio Cheese Ball from The Creative Bite
Honey Rosemary & Walnut Baked Brie from Celebrating Sweets
Ultimate Cheese Chicken Club Crescent Roll Ring from The Two Bite Club
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls from Liz on Call
Whether you eat low carb or not these delicious low carb taco cups are going to be a hit at a party. They are pretty, and tasty, and sure to impress your guests. If you need a few more amazing appetizer ideas we’ve got a whole list of them from some of our favorite bloggers. Take a look, give a few a try, and let us know what you think!
Low Carb Taco Bites
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat place 1 Tablespoon piles of cheese 2 inches apart.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are brown.
- Let the cheese cool for 1 minute then lift it up and press it into the cup of a mini muffin tin pushing it down to form a cup.
- Let cheese cool completely then remove.
- While you continue to bake the cheese and create your cups place the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat cooking until it is completely cooked through.
- Drain the grease from the meat and then add the spices and 1/4 c of water.
- Stir until combined and simmer for 5 minutes then add more salt to taste.
- Add meat to cheese cups and top with 1/4 teaspoon of sour cream each. You can also add fresh pico de gallo if you like.
If you’re looking for more Low Carb Recipes make sure to check these out.