No-Churn Mermaid Ice Cream
No-Churn Mermaid Ice Cream is colorful swirls of easy homemade ice cream filled with sprinkles that is perfect for a mermaid party…or just a hot summer afternoon treat!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones® Hand Wipes. The opinions and text are all mine.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed but unicorns are pretty hot right now. There are unicorn frappuccinos, unicorn hot cocoa, unicorn cupcakes…Obviously I’m a little fixated on the food side of this unicorn trend but I’m here to tell you that mermaids are really where it’s at. Forget those horses with horns! Iridescent fins and long days playing in the water make mermaids the coolest thing around, especially with summer coming and all of those birthday pool parties just around the corner!
My daughter is kind of obsessed with mermaids, but her birthday is during the winter so pool parties are a little harder to come by. When I was asked by Wet Ones® Hand Wipes to share some of the fun summer activities I have planned, our recent afternoon sitting on the deck eating No-Churn Mermaid Ice Cream in the sunshine seemed like the perfect fit! The ice cream is really easy to make and we had the best time making it together. My daughter and I planned to make mermaid ice cream and we went to the store together to pick out sprinkles, food coloring, and the few simple ingredients we needed to make the ice cream.
How to Make No-Churn Mermaid Ice Cream:
- Whip heavy cream into a soft whipped cream.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and a little vanilla extract (my daughter’s favorite ice cream flavor).
- To make it “mermaid ice cream” split the mixture into 4 bowls and added food coloring to each bowl, stirring it until the color is mixed in. I used teal and purple food coloring and I made three shades of teal (light, medium and dark) just by adding a little more teal food coloring to each bowl. I made one bowl of dark purple. Mermaids come in all colors so you do you and make your no-churn mermaid ice cream any color combination you like!
- Once you’ve got your bowls of colored ice cream mixture drop them into a loaf pan (I used a Pyrex one but you can use a metal one also). You want to kind of make it random, so do a couple of scoops of one color in one spot then a couple of scoops of another color in another spot, just plop them all into the loaf pan randomly.
- When you’re done take a knife and drag it through the mixture 2 or 3 times making swirls. Then top the ice cream with whatever sprinkles you’ve chose. We used gold sprinkles, and different size pearl sprinkles and pearl chocolate balls.
- Once the sprinkles are on the ice cream the loaf pan gets covered with plastic wrap and goes into the freezer for 5-6 hours.
I think waiting for the ice cream to freeze is the hardest part of this whole recipe! Kids aren’t known for their patience, especially when there is mermaid ice cream in the freezer, so to keep her distracted a little longer we also made cones for our No-Churn Mermaid Ice Cream. We melted blue and white chocolate melts and dipped sugar cones in the two colors before rolling them in white sprinkles. Then we turned them upside down on a lined baking sheet to dry until the ice cream was ready.
You should have seen her face when I told her the ice cream was ready! We scooped it up and went outside and sat on the deck in the sunshine. It was one of our first hot days of what I hope is going to be an amazing summer! That blue and purple ice cream dripped everywhere but she stuck with it and got through the whole cone. I did too!
And when we were done we both tore open a Wet Ones® Hand Wipes single and wiped off all of that sticky ice cream. I love using Wet Ones® Hand Wipes for any situations. They are so convenient and they wipe our dirt and messes when water isn’t readily available. I like that they are gently on the skin and hypoallergenic.
She said it was the best ice cream she’s ever had so I see many No-Churn Mermaid Ice Cream days in our future. I can’t wait :).
Want more ice cream recipes?
- Caramel Oreo Fudge Ripple Ice Cream
- No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
- Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- No Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- No Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Heavenly Hash Frozen Yogurt
- Chocolate Malted Crunch Ice Cream
- Bacon Bourbon Peach Ice Cream
- Mini Ice Cream Pops
- Dragon Fruit Ice Cream
- Grilled Sweet Corn & Strawberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
NO-CHURN MERMAID ICE CREAM
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Dessert board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
No-Churn Mermaid Ice Cream
- 2 c Heavy Cream
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Food Coloring, (your favorite mermaid colors)
- Any sprinkles you would like to use.
- Place a metal or glass (check that is it ok to freeze) loaf pan in the freezer.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the heavy cream and the vanilla. Mix on high until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the whipped cream and gently fold it together.
- Separate the ice cream mixture into four bowl and use food coloring to color each bowl one of your mermaid colors. Stir the food coloring in until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Get the loaf pan from the freezer and add the colored ice cream mixture to the bowl a few scoops at a time alternating colors and layering them on top of one another.
- When all of the ice cream mixture is in the loaf pan take a knife and drag it through the mixture 2 or 3 times.
- Top with your sprinkles.
- Cover the loaf pan with plastic wrap and freeze for 5-6 hours.