Quick and Easy Game Day Food
Your next football party doesn’t have to be complicated. Get ready for game day with quick and easy game day food ideas including wings, sliders, and dips that are perfect for feeding a crowd.
Football season is in full swing and that means every weekend we’re partying in my house on game day. Everyone knows my favorite part of Sunday football is planning out the menu. I love game day food! Chicken wings, sliders, and all sorts of other goodies make halftime snack-time the best part of the game.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Delicious Game Day Food Ideas
Whether you’re serving a group of friends or just feeding your own hungry fans the secret to some quick and easy game day food is keeping it simple. Choose game day foods you can make ahead of time, keep your ingredients list simple, and plan ahead so you can focus on the game.
We’ve got a list of our go-to football food ideas. Pick 2 or 3 and you’ll have everything you need for an awesome game day spread.
Football Party Food – Chicken Wings
We started making chicken wings in the air fryer a few years ago and we never looked back! These crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings are crisp and juicy and everything you want in a wing. They are also super easy to make!
Our base recipe gives instructions for a buffalo wing sauce but these can be tossed in your favorite sauce or dry rub. Make two or three versions and serve them at your next football party!
Easy Football Food Ideas – Dips!
Dip is one of the easiest party foods to make. You’ve got hot dips and cold dips to choose from and they all serve a crowd.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – This one is a classic and we have you covered with three ways to make it. Try our oven buffalo chicken dip, Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip, or Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Maryland Crab Dip is a favorite around. Sweet, delicious crab meat baked into a creamy, cheesy sauce. We love to add it to a pretzel for the ultimate appetizer!
- Mississippi Sin Dip – Who doesn’t love a dip that comes in a bread bowl? This hot dip is made with ham, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese for a delicious appetizer everyone will love.
Cold dips are great for parties because you don’t have to cook them ahead of time and you don’t have to worry about keeping them warm. All of these dips can be served at room temperature.
- 7 Layer Dip – this classic brings together all of your favorite Mexican flavors into a creamy, cheesy dip perfect for scooping up on a tortilla chip.
- 5 Layer Greek Dip – We loved the 7 layer dip so much we made a Greek version with hummus and tzatziki. Scoop it up with veggies or pita chips.
- 5 Minute Salsa – This restaurant-style salsa is a family favorite. It takes just a few minutes to make and it blows those jarred salsas out of the water! Goes great with air fryer nachos!!
Simple Sliders – The Ultimate Game Day Food
If you’ve been around any length of time you know we love sliders. They are the perfect party food. You can make them a million different ways and they only take about 30 minutes or less to make.
We have a huge list of all of the BEST slider recipes that you can check out. Today we’re sharing a few of our game day favorites.
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders – These simple cheesesteak sliders are the #1 recipe on our website with millions of happy readers. A great addition to any party and a the perfect Eagles Super Bowl party food! We have a chicken version too!
- Easy Meatball Sliders – Meatball subs have always been a favorite of mine and this mini version gives you all of those great flavors in the palm of your hand.
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders – Back to that awesome buffalo wings flavor. These sliders use frozen chicken tenders for a super simple slider recipe.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders – If you love BBQ you’re going to love these little sandwiches piled high with tender pulled pork and homemade coleslaw.
- Hot Italian Sliders (see recipe below) – Pick up some sliced deli meats and cheese including salami, pepperoni, ham, and provolone for these super easy sliders. They take less than 30 minutes to prepare and bake and I promise they are going to disappear as soon as they hit the table.
That’s it! Pick a few of these recipes and you’re guaranteed to have a happy crowd even if your team doesn’t win.
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Hot Italian Sliders
- 1/2 pound Salami
- 1/2 pound Pepperoni
- 1/2 pound Ham
- 6 slices Provolone
- 12 Slider buns
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut slider buns in half and set the tops to the side.
- Place the bottom half of the slider buns on a baking sheet.
- Layer the deli meat on the slider buns ending with a layer of provolone cheese.
- Place the top buns on the sliders.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes
- In a small bowl mix together the Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- After 15 minutes remove the sliders from the oven and brush the tops of the buns with melted butter, then sprinkle the Parmesan mixture over them.
- Bake for 5 minutes more then serve immediately.