This beautiful Carrot Salad is vegan side dish filled with bright, fresh spring flavors. Shredded carrots are tossed with a lemon dijon vinaigrette to make the perfect spring side dish!
Carrot Salad is one of those really simple dishes that is kind of addictive. It’s a simple mix of freshly grated carrots, chopped parsley, and a homemade honey lemon dijon vinaigrette. The lemon and dijon mustard add a tart, bright flavor to the salad and the honey cuts the tartness of the lemon juice and pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the carrots. The fresh parsley adds a balance to the salad and adds a bright pop of green in a sea of orange.
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Easter Recipes board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
This carrot salad was inspired by spring and Easter dinner. We had a few warm days here lately and it got me dreaming about spring recipes like Easy Italian Pasta Salad, Carrot Orzo, and Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus. All of those fresh flavors are a welcome change after a long, cold winter. With Easter around the corner I wanted to come up with a new, different side for Easter and this carrot salad seemed like just the right thing. I prefer a salad made out of carrots over leafy greens any day.
Carrot Salad is so super simple to make. You peel and shred a bunch of carrots, finely dice fresh parsley and scallions, and make a delicious honey lemon vinaigrette. The dressing is a blend of Dijon mustard, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. All of those ingredients go into a bowl and you whisk them together until everything in combined.
Right before you’re ready to serve the salad you pour the vinaigrette over the carrots, parsley, and scallions, and then toss everything to coat it in the vinaigrette. Every bite is bright, fresh, and a little sweet. It’s a simple, beautiful side dish recipe that would be perfect for spring dinners or your Easter dinner menu.
Tips for making Carrot Salad:
- You can shred your carrots in several ways. I used a box grater, large holes, to shred mine but you could also you a peeler for longer, wider strips, or you can julienne the carrots for thick matchstick pieces.
- This salad is best made right before serving if you shred the carrots. If you make matchstick carrot pieces you can cut them the day before.
What you will need to make Carrot Salad:
- Box Grater – This is what I used to grate my carrots but you can also you a peeler or a julienne slicer.
- Lemon Juicer – Get all of the juice out of your lemon quickly and easily.
- 1 pound Carrots peeled
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 Scallions thinly sliced
In a large bowl toss together the carrots, parsley, and scallions.
Before serving pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently.
Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together quickly to combine all ingredients.