Hot Honey Roasted Carrots
This Hot Honey Roasted Carrots recipe is a spicy spin on the standard baked carrot recipe using hot sauce and honey to glaze the roasted carrots.
Carrots are one of those sides dishes that is a good source of vitamins, but can get boring when cooked the same old way.
This is one of the best roasted carrot recipes and with a quick prep time and lots of flavor it’s one of those easy side dish recipes that you can make any night of the week. Try them out with our, za’atar chicken, harissa chicken, red wine braised short ribs or air fryer chicken breast!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Carrots – You can use regular or organic, just make sure they are fresh. You can also use baby carrots if you want to save some time and skip the peeling. I suggest cutting each one in half lengthwise and laying the flat side do so you get some caramelization as they cook.
- Olive oil – Using olive oil is best when you are roasting or baking. It not only adds flavor to the dish, but helps to enhance your vegetables’ natural flavors.
- Salt – We use kosher salt for this recipe but you could also use table salt or sea salt.
- Black pepper – This is always a good way to add that extra kick to your food without overwhelming the flavor of the dish.
- Honey – Use your favorite type of honey, but if you want to enhance the health benefits of your honey you may want to seek out unfiltered, raw, or organic honey.
- Hot Sauce – We use Cholula original for this recipe, but you can use your favorite hot sauce.
Step 1 – Preheat. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 2 – Make your hot honey. In a small bowl, stir together the hot sauce and 1.5 tablespoons honey until well mixed.
Step 3 – Prepare your carrots. Place your peeled and cut carrot sticks on a baking sheet. Drizzle the carrots with the olive oil and then toss with your hands to lightly coat the carrots with the oil. Spread out into a single layer and lightly sprinkle your carrots with salt and pepper.
Step 4 – Roast the carrots. Bake your carrots until they are fork tender and slightly browned on the bottom. This will usually take 15 – 20 minutes.
Step 5 – Drizzle the hot honey. Remove your carrots from the oven and drizzle the hot honey mixture over them.
Step 7 – Serve. You will want to serve them immediately.
Hot honey is currently the must have condiment. It is a great way to add flavor to your meals and, since it is sweet and spicy, it is very versatile. You can use it at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert!
Try drizzling it over our Baking Powder Biscuits, Cornflake Chicken, or our English Muffin Pizza or French Bread Pizza. It is a great edition to any charcuterie board or even drizzled over ice cream!
With just two ingredients, hot sauce and honey, it is quick and easy to whip up for any occasion. If you don’t have honey and hot sauce at home you can just order Mike’s Hot Honey and have it ready to go at any time!
Roasting time can vary slightly depending on your oven and the thickness of your carrots sticks, but the average time is 15 – 20 minutes when roasted at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
To keep the roasting consistent, do your best to cut all carrot sticks to the same thickness. This will ensure they all cook at the same speed and helps to eliminate burning some carrots while undercooking others. We try to keep our carrot sticks about 3 inches long and 1/3 inch wide.
No. When roasting vegetables, you will need to use fresh, raw vegetables.
Frozen vegetables have already been partially cooked. If you try to roast them, they will thaw out and get mushy instead of the tenderness you get from fresh vegetables. Roasting fresh, raw carrots will also give you a nice caramelization on the carrots that you won’t get from frozen carrots.
Carrots are a great source of vitamin A, C, and K as well as calcium, potassium and fiber. They are also rich in beta-carotene which is good for your eyes.
Roasting the carrots brings out their natural sweetness and the addition of the hot honey balances that out with a bit of spice. It’s a low calorie side dish that pairs well with many healthy dinner recipes.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
This dish is best when served straight from the oven. Reheating them can make them limp and mushy.
However, if you want to save some time you can cut your carrots ahead of time and store in a sealed bag in the refrigerator for no longer than 2-3 days before roasting.
What to Serve Them With
Hot honey roasted carrots are the perfect side dish for busy weeknight dinners but they are also great for changing things up a little at Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas dinner! Serve them with:
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Blackened Chicken
- Baked Ranch Pork Chops
- Cornflake Chicken
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Braised Short Ribs (or the Instant Pot version)
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Hot Honey Roasted Carrots
- 32 ounces Carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch sticks
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons Honey
- 2-3 teaspoons Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl stir together the hot sauce and honey.
- Place peeled and cut carrot sticks on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and then toss with your hands to lightly coat the carrots with the oil.
- Sprinkle the carrots with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the carrots are fork tender and slightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the hot honey over the roasted carrots.
- Serve immediately.