Christmas Chex Mix
Christmas Chex mix is a cinnamon sugar version of everyone’s favorite snack. It’s a bite sized treat you’ll love scooping up by the handful.
During the holidays we all need a few simple recipes to fall back on to make entertaining friends and family just a little easier. This Christmas Chex mix recipe is one of my favorites. It’s perfect for holiday parties or sharing with family and friends, and it takes less than 15 minutes to make!
If you’ve never made Chex Mix it is a combination of 3 types of Chex cereal and whatever other snacks you want to add. You can add in mini pretzels, mixed nuts, dried fruit, candies, mini toasts, or pretty much anything you think would taste amazing in a snack mix.
We’ve saved a little time by making ours in the microwave. That’s my kind of snack.
It’s super easy to make a big batch to serve on Christmas movie night, or holiday parties, or you can even bag it up and give it to friends and families as a homemade gift along with our Rolo pretzel turtle candies, easy microwave fudge, reindeer chocolate bark, and chocolate truffles.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this snack:
- Chex cereals – You’ll need Rice Chex Cereal, Corn Chex Cereal, and Wheat Chex Cereal.
- Nuts – We use both almonds and pecans, but you could use walnuts if you prefer.
- White chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles – You can have fun with these and use any variety you like.
- Mini pretzels – You can use any shape you like.
- Butter – You can use either salted or unsalted.
- White sugar – You can use regular granulated sugar.
- Ground cinnamon – This gives it a bit of a Christmas flavor, but you could omit if you prefer.
- Red & Green M&Ms – You could use other red and green candy coated chocolates, like Hershey’s variety.
One of the fun things about making Chex mix is you can mix and match the candies and other goodies you add to them. Here are some other candies you could add:
Step 1 – Prep the rice Chex.
Place the rice Chex cereal in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips for about 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each blast, until melted and smooth.
Next, pour the melted white chocolate over the rice Chex cereal and toss until it is coated. Finally, pour the coated rice cereal onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles.
Step 2 – Prepare the corn and wheat Chex.
In a large microwave safe bowl, add the corn Chex cereal, wheat Chex cereal, almonds, pecans, and mini pretzels. In a small bowl, melt the butter and pour over the top of the mix before ossining it together to coat.
In another small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and pour over the buttered chex. Next, toss the mixture so everything gets an even coating.
Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Once it stops, stir it and place back in the microwave for 1 more minute. Spread the Chex Mix out on a lined baking sheet to cool.
Step 3 – Bring it all together.
When both the cinnamon sugar and white chocolate Chex have cooled, mix hem together in a large bowl along with the red and green M&Ms.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
How to Store It
To store, prepare the mix and allow it to cool completely. Once cooled, scoop or pour the mix into an airtight container or bag.
For the freshest flavor, serve within 3 to 4 days. If you make more than you need, you can store in the airtight container in the fridge for about 4 to 6 weeks.
If you prefer, you can freeze the mix for up to 6 months. You can defrost it in the fridge or on the countertop overnight before serving.
Looking for More Easy Christmas Recipes?
- Reindeer Chocolate Bark
- Homemade Candied Nuts
- White Chocolate Macadamia Crunch
- Rolo Pretzel Turtle Candy
- Slow Cooker Spiced Nuts & an Easy Holiday Panini
- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- Easy Microwave Fudge
Christmas Chex Mix
- 1.5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 8 ounces White chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles
- 1.5 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 cups Wheat Chex Cereal
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Mini pretzels
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Red & Green M&Ms
- Pour the rice Chex cereal into a medium bowl.
- In a small microwave safe bowl add the white chocolate chips and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring well in between, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the rice Chex cereal and toss until it is coated.
- Pour the coated cereal onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add corn Chex cereal, wheat Chex cereal, almonds, pecans, and mini pretzels.
- Melt butter and pour over the Chex mix tossing it to coat.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and pour over the buttered mix tossing so everything is coated evenly.
- Place bowl in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute, stopping to stir it again before microwaving it for 1 minute more.
- Remove from microwave and spread the Chex Mix out on a lined baking sheet pan to cool.
- Once both the white chocolate and cinnamon sugar Chex mix has cooled completely add them both to a large bowl along with red & green Christmas M&Ms.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.