This easy Gazpacho Soup is made with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Gazpacho is served cold which makes it a great summer soup!
Gazpacho soup is a cold Spanish soup that is bursting with the fresh flavors of summer. It’s made with amazing summer vegetables, tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, onion, herbs and spices. This bright, refreshing gazpacho is a versatile soup that makes a great light lunch, or a beautiful summer party appetizer served in a shot glass.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
What is the main ingredient in gazpacho soup?
Tomatoes are the main ingredient in gazpacho followed closely by cucumbers, red peppers, and red onion. You’ll use peeled and seeded tomatoes, and tomato juice to make this easy summer soup.
How to peel tomatoes:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Cut a small X into the bottom of the tomato, just deep enough to cut through the skin.
- Place the tomatoes in the boiling water and boil them for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove the tomatoes from the boiling water and place them in a bowl of cold water.
- Once cooled pull at the scored skin on the tomato and it will peel right off.
How do you make gazpacho soup?
Gazpacho soup is so easy to make. Peel and seed tomatoes, then chop them and all of the other vegetables up. Set 1/4 of the diced cucumbers, red onions, and red peppers to the side. Put the tomatoes and remaining vegetables in a blender along with tomato juice, balsamic vinegar, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Place in the refrigerator to chill. Serve cold with the remaining diced veggies and homemade croutons on top.
Cold gazpacho soup is one of my favorite summer soups! The Worcestershire and hot sauce add a little kick, and the cucumbers give the soup a cool, fresh flavor. I can’t wait for my summer tomatoes to be ready to pick so I can make my first batch of summer!
Want more soup recipes?
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Soup board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
- 1 cup Red Onion diced
- 1 Cucumber large, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 6 Vine-ripened Tomatoes peeled and seeded
- 1 Red Bell Pepper seeded and diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 cups Tomato Juice
- 5 drops Hot Sauce such as Tabasco
- 3 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Put ¼ of the cucumbers, red onions, and red peppers to the side to add to the mixture one it has been pureed.
Add everything else to a blender. Puree until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Serve cold with the diced veggies as garnish.