Greek Spaghetti Salad
Greek Spaghetti Salad is an easy pasta salad with feta, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, and olives all tossed in a homemade Greek dressing!
I love Greek flavors, the smoky flavor of roasted red peppers, fresh, crisp cucumbers, tangy feta cheese, and of course olives…I didn’t really appreciate olives until I was an adult but Kalamata olives are my absolute favorite.
All of these amazing flavors can be found in this easy Greek pasta salad. It is an amazing summer side dish that you can make in just 30 minutes. It is the perfect summer potluck recipe!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Spaghetti – Cooked; you can substitute any pasta if needed.
- Kalamata olives – Pitted and sliced; you can substitute with black olives if you prefer.
- Cucumbers – Diced.
- Roasted red peppers – You can roast your own red peppers or save some time and use a jar of roasted red peppers.
- Red onion – You can dice or slice these whatever you prefer.
- Feta cheese – Crumbled; you can substitute with parmesan cheese or goat cheese if you prefer.
- Olive oil – We recommended extra virgin olive oil.
- Red wine vinegar – You can sub with white wine vinegar if needed.
- Lemon juice – Fresh if possible, but you can sub with bottled.
- Garlic – Minced; you just need one clove but if you love garlic feel free to add more. I like to use some of my homemade pickled garlic for added flavor!
- Seasonings – Italian seasoning, sugar, salt, black pepper
Add Some Veggies
If you would like to add your own spin to the salad, you can also include zucchini, cherry tomatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, broccoli, or any fresh veggies you like. Play with the recipe and find out what suits your taste!
Step one – Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Drain the spaghetti and put it in a large bowl.
Step two – Combine ingredients – In the bowl with your cooked cooked spaghetti, add cucumbers, roasted red peppers, red onion, and feta cheese.
Step two – Make the dressing – In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk until well blended. If you do not want to make your own dressing, you can substitute with store bought Italian dressing.
Step three – Dress and serve – Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss gently until everything is fully combined.
Tip: If you are making this the day before, stop after step 2 and place the pasta salad mixture in one resealable container and the dressing in a separate container. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. When ready to serve, continue with step 3.
Homemade Greek Dressing
The dressing is just as important as all of the things that go into this spaghetti salad recipe. I started making my own homemade Greek vinaigrette years ago for simple cucumber salads and that’s what I use for this recipe.
It is a really simple mix of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic, a little sugar to balance out the vinegar, and salt & pepper. Everything goes into a mason jar with the lid tightly screwed on.
Give it a good shake before serving as some of the ingredients may start to separate over time. Pour it over the Greek Spaghetti Salad and toss everything together for the ultimate pasta salad for summer picnics!
Tips for the Best Greek Pasta Salad
- Make sure you salt the water when you boil your spaghetti. This will give the pasta a little more flavor.
- Make all of it ahead of time! Cook your pasta and chop your vegetables the day before. Store everything together in an airtight container. Store your Greek vinaigrette separately. When you’re ready to eat, shake up your vinaigrette and pour it over the pasta salad. Toss it until everything is well coated.
This is the perfect dish for potlucks, summer BBQs, or any gathering.
Try it alongside sriracha grilled leg of lamb , rosemary steak skewers, tequila citrus shrimp , or instant pot ribs .
You can’t miss with this dish!
This dish will last up to 4 -5 day in the fridge. It must be stored in airtight container. You will want to make extra dressing and store separately so you can add a little more to your salad when you go to eat the leftovers, as the pasta tends to absorb the dressing as it sits.
Yes. this pasta salad should be served cold as it is a mix of uncooked vegetables and crumbled cheese. Store it in refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Since the dressing is oil based, we suggest storing it separately until you’re ready to serve the pasta, then toss everything together. This way, the dressing doesn’t get absorbed into the pasta and the oil doesn’t congeal in the refrigerator.
Looking for More Easy Pasta Salad Recipes?
- Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Steak Fajita Pasta Salad
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Mexican Pasta Salad with Creamy Chipotle Lime Dressing
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- More Pasta Salad Recipes…
Greek Spaghetti Salad
- 16 ounces Spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 Cucumbers, diced
- 2 cups Roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup Red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- In a large bowl combine spaghetti, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, red onion, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss gently until everything is fully combined.