5 Layer Mediterranean Dip
This simple 5 layer Mediterranean Dip is filled with layers of hummus, olives, peperoncinis, roasted red peppers, and feta cheese.
I’m really excited about today’s recipe because it uses so many of my favorite ingredients in one delicious dip that is perfect for all of your upcoming summer parties. I’ve told you guys before that summer is all about grilling at my house. If it’s not raining (and sometimes when it is!) we are cooking something on the grill. Now, I love traditional steak and chicken but when you’re grilling out several times a week they can get a little boring so I’m always trying new flavors and different meats and vegetables. Right now I’m loving everything Mediterranean.
Summer cookouts need great sides just as much as delicious grilled meats and veggies and last weekend I took my love of hummus, olives, peppers, and feta and turned it into this 5 Layer Mediterranean Dip! Seriously guys, I don’t know where this has been all of my life. All of these ingredients make an appearance at many of my summer parties. Hummus and olives are some of my go to party snacks, and I love loading my burgers up with feta cheese, roasted red peppers and peperoncinis. I’m not sure why it took me so long to put them all together in one delicious dip.
Now, I made mine in individual cups because I love easy appetizers that guests can grab and walk around with while they socialize but you can also make this dip in a large bowl for people to scoop up and put on their plates. Either way you’ll use the same ingredients just in different amounts. I started with a layer of hummus. Make it pretty thick because you’ll want enough help hold everything together when you scoop it on to a pita. Then add a layer of Kalamata olives, roasted red peppers and peperoncinis. I used Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings and Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Red Bell Peppers because they are the #1 jarred peppers in the U.S.. They are harvested at the peak of ripeness from farms around the world and Mezzetta marinates them in their own special brines. They have a great flavor that shines through in this dip.
Top everything off with some crumbled feta and you have a Mediterranean dip that everyone is going to love. The best thing about this recipe is that you can customize it however you like. Add more hummus, use two layers of roasted red peppers. Do whatever makes you happiest! Just don’t forget the pita bread to serve it with ;).
- Grand Prize (1): Weber® Spirit® E-310™ gas grill (ARV $499.00) + Weber® 3 Piece Tool Set (ARV $22.99) + 5 jars of Mezzetta Peppers + Summer Entertaining Kit (Cooler, Wooden Cutting Board, Apron, Towel, Beachball)
- Runner-ups (10): Weber® ORIGINAL KETTLE® 18” charcoal grill (ARV $79.00) + Weber® 3 Piece Tool Set (ARV $22.99) + 5 jars of Mezzetta Peppers + Summer Entertaining Kit (Cooler, Wooden Cutting Board, Apron, Towel, Beachball)
You know I’m excited!!
5 Layer Mediterranean Dip
- 12 ounces Hummus
- 1 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, chopped
- 1 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Red Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- In the bottom of a small dish place 3 oz. Hummus,
- On top of hummus make 3 layers using 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives, 1/4 c up Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, and 1/4 cup Deli-Sliced Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- Top with 1/4th of the Feta cheese.
- Repeat for each dish.
- **Note: The measurements in this recipe are for 4 small ramekin size servings. You can make this recipe in a large casserole dish you will just need to use a little more of each ingredient.