Ham and Cheese English Muffin Breakfast Casserole
This easy Ham and Cheese English Muffin Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole is an awesome brunch recipe that is perfect for Christmas breakfast or New Year’s brunch!
I love the holidays and all of the fun family things that go along with it. This month has already been a whirlwind of parties, kids’ activities, and shopping and Christmas is going to be here before you know it. I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve to help simplify the holidays so that I can enjoy my time with friends and family and one of my favorites is this easy Ham and Cheese English Muffin Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole. It was inspired by my favorite fast food breakfast (you know which one I mean) and it’s totally delicious!
This make ahead breakfast casserole is perfect for the holidays because you just throw all of the ingredients together and then pop it in the oven. There isn’t a lot of prep work and what little cutting you need to do can be done the night before. Assemble everything in a casserole dish before going to bed and in the morning you whip the eggs and cream together and pour it over the cubed English muffins, ham, and shredded cheese and it’s ready to bake. Super easy great for Christmas morning or New Year’s Day when you want to serve something nice but don’t want to wake up at the crack of dawn to do it.
On Christmas morning I come downstairs, add the eggs to my Ham and Cheese English Muffin Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole, place it in the oven and then head to the living room to start opening gifts. Around 10 a.m. we take a break and everyone fills their plates with the casserole and grabs a glass of orange juice. No dishes for me! 🙂
Ham and Cheese English Muffin Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole
- 8 English Muffins cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 oz. Ham cooked and diced
- 2 c. Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 8 large eggs
- 2 c. Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13×9 inch casserole dish.
- Add half of the English Muffin cubes to the casserole dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and half of the ham cubes.
- Repeat with another layer of English muffin, ham, and cheese.
- In a bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the casserole making sure to cover all of it.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and place in the oven to bake for 45 minutes. Then remove foil and continue to bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.