This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.
This Low Carb Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche is an easy recipe filled with broccoli, ham, and cheese. It’s a great low carb breakfast recipe or brunch idea to make ahead.
Low Carb Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche
You know what they say, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” This Low Carb Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche is an easy recipe that is sure to start your day off right. It is a mixture of eggs and heavy cream packed full of cheese, ham, and broccoli that bakes into a flavorful, fluffy crustless quiche.
What You Will Need To Make Low Carb Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche:
- Eggs– You can’t make a quiche, or a crustless quiche, without breaking a few eggs!
- Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese – traditional cut– Nothing goes better with eggs than cheese! Sargento® shredded cheese saves you a precious time in the morning without compromising that great cheese flavor. Sargento® cheese is shredded fresh off a block of real, natural cheese and it makes every breakfast taste a little better.
- Ham– Use leftover ham from dinner the night before or buy a small boneless ham and chop it into cubes. Either way, the sweet and salty flavor is going go perfectly with your cheese and broccoli.
- Onion– Sauté some diced onions along with your ham to pack as much flavor as possible into your low carb quiche.
- Broccoli – Cut it into small, bite-sized florets before adding it to the low carb quiche.
- Heavy Cream– You can substitute milk for the heavy cream but don’t unless you have to. The heavy cream adds a richness to the low carb quiche that you miss out on with milk.
I was able to find all of my ingredients at Harris Teeter and from now through April 10, 2018 you can get 1 free carton of one-dozen grade-A large eggs when you purchase (2) Sargento® Shreds at Harris Teeter. That’s enough for 2 Low Carb Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiches!
How Do You Make Crustless Quiche?
- Lightly sauté the ham and onions together to bring out their flavor.
- Add the ham, onion, and lightly steamed broccoli to a greased pie plate or quiche dish.
- Add Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese – traditional cut to the broccoli, ham, and onion.
- Pour your egg and cream mixture over the ham, onion, and broccoli and sprinkle just a little more of the Sargento® cheese on top…because there really isn’t such thing as too much cheese.
Can You Freeze Crustless Quiche?
Yes, you can freeze your low carb crustless quiche. Bake the low carb quiche according to the recipe instructions and then let it cool for about 20 minutes. Once cooled, slice the quiche into individual servings and double wrap each in plastic wrap and then wrap it in aluminum foil. Place the pieces in the freezer and freeze for up to 1 month. When you are ready to eat a piece just unwrap and put it in the microwave for 2-5 minutes (depending on your microwave) and you have a low carb breakfast!
This low carb quiche is just as amazing for a Sunday family brunch as it is a breakfast on-the-go during the week. You’re going to love how easy it is to make and how simple it is to prepare ahead of time. Play around with different combinations of meats, veggies and Sargento® cheeses and see what a difference breakfast can make in your day.
LOW CARB HAM AND CHEESE CRUSTLESS QUICHE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Low Carb Recipes board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
- 8 ounces Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - traditional cut
- 6 Eggs large
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 8 ounces Ham cubed
- ½ cup Yellow Onion diced
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon Butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a skillet over medium high heat melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add onions and ham. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until onions are translucent.
Place broccoli florets in a microwave-safe bowl and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 2-3 minutes until broccoli is lightly steamed and tender.
In a bowl add eggs and 1 cup of heavy cream. Whisk together.
Place ham, onions, broccoli, and cheese in a greased 9-inch pie plate or quiche pan.
Pour the egg mixture over the meat and veggies.
Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until you can jiggle the pan and the quiche doesn’t shake in the center. Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.