These Moscow Mule Jello Shots are a fun party shot that takes all of the flavors of a Moscow Mule recipe and turns it in to Jello!
Hi everyone! I’m Julie from Bread Booze Bacon and I’m stoked to be hanging out with all of you today! I’ve known Kat & Melinda for a couple of years now. They’re super fun to hang out with, awesome drinking buddies, and can we just talk about their food for a minute? I’m totally obsessed with just about everything they make, but these Bacon Sriracha Avocado Deviled Eggs, Mini Crab Cake Bites, and Low Carb Tacos have a special place in my heart. And what better to go with all that amazing food than a yummy drink?
Since the girls are into Moscow Mules (exhibits A, B & C), I thought it would be really fun to turn their favorite cocktail into unique jello shots. These shots are great for any party or get together. (like the big football game coming up!) You can make the ahead of time and leave them in the fridge until you’re ready to get the party started. Or pack them up in a cooler and take them to a friend’s house.
Usually, I make my jello shots in plastic cups that I can pop a lid on for easy storage or transportation. That being said, I wanted a to have a go big or go home moment with these shots, so I splurged on a set of copper mug shots glasses for that authentic Moscow Mule effect. The copper mugs were super fun and my friends loved them. But if you don’t want to use them, plastic works just fine too.
These shots taste just like the regular cocktail. There’s a punch from the vodka, but the ginger beer and lime swoop in to marry all the flavors together into cocktail bliss! If you want to add a couple more fun jello shots to your party, I highly recommend these Bacon Bourbon Apple Jello Shots & Peach Fizz Jello Shots. They ‘re my favorites and perfect for game day!
If you’re craving more delicious food, I know I am, come over to Bread Booze Bacon and grab the crazy good slider recipe Kat & Melinda are sharing on my site today!
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 bottle ginger beer, chilled
- ½ cup vodka
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 10 lime wheel quarters, for garnish
- Ten 2-ounce plastic ramekins with lids
- Place the gelatin powder in a small mixing bowl. Pour ¼ cup of cold ginger beer over the gelatin and whisk to combine. Let the gelatin soak into the beer while you prep the other ingredients.
- Pour the rest of the beer into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Pour the warm beer over the gelatin and whisk to combine. Be sure the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add the vodka and lime juice to the beer mixture and stir to combine.
- Place the plastic ramekins (lids off) on a small baking sheet. Fill each ramekin almost full with the jello mixture.
- Place the baking sheet holding the ramekins into the refrigerator and chill for 2-3 hours or until the jello has set up.
- When ready to serve, remove the shots from the fridge. Place a quarter lime wheel on top of each shot for garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
If you’re looking for more Moscow Mule recipes try these!