These No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are a classic no bake cookie recipe made with chocolate, peanut butter, and oats. No oven required!
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
I’ve been making these easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies since I was a kid. They are a gluten-free cookie recipe with no eggs, and they are made on the stove top so there is no oven required. They are quick and easy to make and the sweet chocolate peanut butter cookie has a little bit of chew from the oatmeal and the chocolate and peanut butter kind of melts in your mouth. It’s totally delicious!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
This is a pretty straightforward no bake cookie recipe. I think the only thing I do differently than some version is mix quick cooking oats and old fashioned oats. When I made it as a kid it was quick cooking oats only, but I like a little more texture so I mix the two types of oats together. You’ll have to tell me what you think.
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies:
- In a saucepan combine the white sugar, brown sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for 60 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until the peanut butter is completely melted.
- Add both types of oats and stir until fully combined.
- Drop the cookie mixture by the tablespoon onto a parchment paper, or wax paper lined baking sheet.
Tips for Making No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies:
- The number 1 tip I have for making these no bake cookies is to have all of your ingredients measured out and ready to go. This recipe doesn’t take long to make and everything moves quickly.
- Watch your time! When it says 60 seconds it means 60 seconds. If you cook the chocolate mixture too long it will dry out and if you don’t cook it long enough it won’t hold it’s shape. This is one recipe where I trust the clock instead of the look of the recipe.
These no bake cookies are super chocolaty and kind of remind me of homemade fudge…with oatmeal. It’s a simple recipe with ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now. If you go grab them you could have your own batch of No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies in no time!
Want more classic cookie recipes?
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- No Bake Haystack Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Cowboy Cookies
- Crispy Coconut Cookies
- Sand Tarts
- The BEST Christmas Cookies
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Cookies board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
- 1 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
In a saucepan combine the white sugar, brown sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for 60 seconds, stirring continuously.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until the peanut butter is completely melted.
Add both types of oats and stir until fully combined.
Drop the cookie mixture by the heaping tablespoon onto a parchment paper, or wax paper lined baking sheet.
Let the cookies cool completely and enjoy!