Halloween Baked Cheese
Make your Halloween a little more fun this year with Halloween Baked Cheese wrapped in puff pastry!
Halloween is all about food and fun. The kids get so much candy between parties at school and going from door-to-door yelling “Trick or Treat” on Halloween night, that I like to try to come up with a least a few treats that don’t involve sweet. This year I’m making these easy Halloween Bakes Cheese snacks and let me just tell you that they are pretty awesome! Golden puff pastry with ooey, gooey melted cheese and pepperoni in the middle. Super easy to make and perfect for Halloween parties or a fun Halloween snack!
Mini Babybel Cheese is a perfect size snack cheese for this puff pastry Halloween Baked Cheese. It’s 100% real cheese and it’s a good source of calcium and protein. This year you can find Mini Babybel at Target in cute Halloween packaging. You can put it out on a veggie and cheese platter at your Halloween party or you can turn it into a fun appetizer. All you need for this Halloween Baked Cheese is a few sheets of puff pastry, an egg, pepperoni, and Mini Babybel. Cut 3 inch circles out of the puff pastry sheets ( I used a plastic cup as a cutter for mine), then place a pepperoni on one sheet and a Mini Babybel cheese on top of it. Make an egg wash with an egg and 1 tablespoon of water whisked together. Brush the egg wash around the edge of the puff pastry and then place the other puff pastry round on top of the cheese. Use a fork to crimp the edges of the puff pastry together. Then, cut a few straight strips of puff pastry and wrap it over the top of the rounds to create a mummy. You can also make a pumpkin by cutting out small triangles of puff pastry and a small mouth and placing them on top of the puff pastry. Brush the top of the puff pastry with the egg was so everything will get golden brown and then pop them in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
When they come out of the oven the puff pastry is golden and crispy and all puffed up and when you break them open the melted Mini Babybel Cheese comes oozing out. It is absolutely amazing! I added edible eyes to the mummies because I think everything is cuter with edible eyes but you can also use raisins or black olives if you don’t have them.
Halloween Baked Cheese in Puff Pastry
- 6 Mini Babybel
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry, , thawed
- 6 slices Pepperoni
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 12 Edible eyes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg and water together.
- Use a 3 inch round cookie cutter to cut out rounds from the puff pastry. Save scraps for later.
- Place one slice of pepperoni and 1 Mini Babybel on a puff pastry round.
- Use a pastry brush to apply egg wash around the outside edge of the puff pastry and then place another puff pastry round on top.
- Cut out small triangles and mouths for pumpkins, or long strips of puff pastry for mummies and use these to decorate the top of the puff pastry.
- Brush egg wash over the top of the puff pastry and place on lined baking sheet.
- Repeat steps until you have 6 stuffed puff pastries.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add edible eyes to the mummies if you made them.