This no bake Lemon Meringue Dip is a fluffy summer dessert that is a mix of meringue and lemon curd served with graham crackers or cookies.
Last weekend my family and I packed up the car and hit the road to go my husband’s family reunion. This event is the same time every year and it is always so much fun. Extended family we don’t get to see any other time of the year all get together and we go to watch fireworks one night and then we spend the next day at an amusement park with the kids. Everyone brings potluck dishes and they set up a a huge table under a pavilion where we all get together for a big lunch. The kids run around, the adults chase kids and sit and talk and a good time is had by all. My husband has so many memories of this yearly family reunion from when he was young and I love watching my kids playing with their cousins and making memories of their own.
Planning what to bring to the potluck takes a little thought. It needs to be something that is simple and can be made ahead of time since we drive up Saturday morning and don’t have our big picnic until Sunday. It also helps if it is something that everyone from kids to adults will like. This year I made this no bake Lemon Meringue Dip. It is so easy to make, just whipped cream folded with lemon curd and topped with a fluffy meringue that I quickly toasted with a torch. It is sweet and creamy and perfect served with cookies and graham crackers. So good!
Of course feeding all of those people take more than just good food it requires lots and lots of plates, napkins, utensils, and cups! We stocked up at Sam’s Club and we were extra lucky because they are having a month long sale (June 22-July 17, 2016) on Chinet® Classic White™ plates (165 ct.). You can find a $3.50 off coupon in the June Instant Savings Booklet (limit 3 per sale) (Find a club near you) . Chinet® Classic White™ plates are heavy duty enough that you can load up your plate with all of those picnic goodies, and leak and cut resistant so you don’t have to worry about making a mess. They’re also made from recycled material so at the end of the day all of the Chinet® brand -plates, napkins, cups, and table covers get composted or recycled to make clean up quick and easy. That’s perfect for a family reunion when you want to spend time with family you rarely see instead of worrying about who’s on clean up duty.
We had such a good time. The kids had so much fun with their cousin, the food was awesome (as always!), and my lemon meringue dip was completely gone at the end of the day. I’d call that a success. Looking forward to doing it all again next summer!
- 1 c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- ¼ - ½ c Lemon curd (store bought or homemade)
- 3 Egg Whites
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- ⅓ c Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Add the heavy whipping cream to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue whipping until it forms stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in ¼ c lemon curd and then continue adding lemon curd until you reach the desired level of lemon flavor.
- Add meringue to the top of the dip and use a brulee torch to toast it.
- Add egg whites and cream of tartar to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until it becomes foamy.
- Add sugar and continue to beat until it is stiff and glossy.
- Add vanilla and beat until full incorporated.
- Serve with cookies and graham crackers.