This decadent Nutella Brownie Cake is layers of rich chocolate brownies, creamy Nutella frosting, toasted hazelnuts, and a smooth chocolate ganache.
Nutella Brownie Cake
Alright guys, this Nutella Brownie Cake may be my most decadent brownie cake to date. I mean the Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake was amazing, and the Turtle Brownie Cake was oozing with delicious caramel and pecan flavor, but this Nutella Brownie Cake is layer upon layer of fudgy chocolate brownies, rich, Nutella frosting, and a smooth chocolate ganache glaze. It’s what chocolate lover dreams are made of.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
How to Make Nutella Frosting:
- Cream together 2 cups of unsalted butter and 4 cups of confectioners’ sugar.
- Add 1 cup of Nutella and continue mixing until fully incorporated.
How to Make Chocolate Ganache:
Chocolate ganache is a simple blend of heavy cream and chocolate. It makes a heavenly topping for cakes, cupcakes, and brownies. You can make different textures of ganache by adjusting how much heavy cream you use. For this recipe I used a 2:1 chocolate to heavy cream ratio to make a chocolate ganache that could be poured and then spread to cover the top of the cake. To make the chocolate ganache you:
- Chop up 2 cups of chocolate and place it in a bowl.
- In the microwave heat 1 cup of heavy cream until it is boiling (about 1 minute depending on your microwave).
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocoalte and let it sit for 30 seconds. Then stir the chocolate and cream together until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
Note: If your chocolate doesn’t melt complete and the mixture has cooled down you can microwave for 15 seconds at a time until the ganache is smooth.
What to Decorate Your Nutella Brownie Cake With:
You can decorate your Nutella Brownie Cake however you like. This is a pretty over-the-top cake so the more decorations the better in my opinion! Below are some of the things that I used.
Want more brownie cake recipes?
NUTELLA BROWNIE CAKE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Desserts board!
Follow Home. Made. Interest. on Pinterest
- 2 boxes Brownie mix + ingredients on back of package the mix should be the size for making in 9x13 inch pan
- 2 cup Unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 4 cups Confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups Chocolate Morsels
- 2 cups Dark chocolate finely chopped
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Caramel syrup
- 1 cup Hazelnuts chopped
- 10 Pepperidge Farm Pirouette Crème Filled Wafers
Mix the brownie batter according to package instructions and pour into 3 greased and parchment lined 9-inch round pans.
Bake brownies following the instructions on the packaging for 8x8" brownie pan.
While the brownies bake and cool make the nutella frosting.
Cream together the butter and confectioners’ sugar. Add Nutella and continue mixing until fully incorporated.
Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl.
Heat the heavy cream in the microwave until it begins to boil, approximately 1 minute depending on the microwave.
Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate stirring until completely melted and smooth.
Once the brownies are completely cooled assemble the Nutella brownie cake starting with a layer of brownie, then spreading nutella frosting over it, brownie, nutella frosting, brownie.
Pour the ganache over the top of the Nutella Brownie Cake and use a spatula to spread it over the top and make it drip down the sides slightly.
Top with chopped hazelnuts, caramel, cookies.